Sonos SL speakers and Beam are no longer visible under "system" on the Sonos app or website.

• 29 February 2024
  • 3 replies

3 days ago, I logged into Sonos.com and could see all of my system listed.

2 OneSLs  - eligible for upgrade
1 Beam - eligible for upgrade
1 Roam
1 ArcSL
1 Boost

Today, I only saw the Roam (which isn’t plugged in or working and being replaced under warranty) and the Boost.  I used Customer Support chat  to ask why I no longer could view these products. What followed was nearly 4 HOURS, 2 support people via chat and 1 phone call.  The chat support had me factory reset my Arc and it snowballed from there.  So many hours later, my system works again.. HOWEVER, I still cant see the devices in my “system” on the website or app.  I wanted to take advantage of the 30% upgrade. Though seriously questioning why I want to give Sonos any money at this point.

Phone Customer Support said Sonos Sales had to fix the System issue. 

I feel like I am chasing my tail.  Anyone had anything similar?  What was the cause?  The fix?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @nbossie, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into your account and can see that your speakers are registered to you, so I’m not sure why they aren’t showing under your profile on Sonos.com. Usually when speakers are missing from your profile it means they’re registered to another email address but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

If you try a different web browser, use private/incognito mode, or try a different device, do your products show under your profile then?

I wont be able to help with a fix for your products not showing, however you can reach out to our Sales Team with the serial number of the product you want to upgrade and they can help you with the process. You also have an offer linked to your account, so contacting support and giving them your email or account details will also allow them to help you use your upgrade offer. They may also have an idea on why you’re having this issue.

I hope this information helps!

Thank you, @Jamie A!  I have tried incognito browser  and have he same issue.  It took 2 Sales Associates to help me, the first one had an issue with the virtual assistant .  So 4.5 hours later I placed an order over the phone. Then was transferred to Tech Support, where the Tech Associated answered in Uh, uhm, hmm, rather than yes or no responses to my questions 🤯.   I was then transferred to a Supervisor and now to an Engineering Supervisor. 

No where in all of this has Sonos truly acknowledge the situation, frustration, loss of my time or offered anything so much as a free refrigerator magnet.  The Engineering supervisor will be person #8 and 5+ hours of my time…   If I didn’t have so much money invested in Sonos, I would switch to Bose or JBL.  Sigh……

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If the speakers are still working, why is this so important to you?