Sonos sales / customer service is the worst.... ever

• 5 November 2023
  • 14 replies

I have been trying to place an order for 1 month now, yes one month

I have called, emailed, tried online and tried again, opened 2 cases, tried and tried again

the order vanishes in the system. My upgrade coupons for 30% have vanished.

the response from sonos - and i quote my email directly

“At this point we would suggest purchasing through our store locators Store Locator (sonos.com) since the transaction is being rejected by the system and we cannot make it go through. “

wow - awesome resolution after 1 month - thanks

10 thumbs down

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jason2023 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry to hear of the issues you’ve had trying to place an order. Your case has been escalated and is now in a queue for a reply - you will hear back via email shortly.

i was also told multiple times someone from your orders department who understands the system would call me back to resolve it, no one has bothered calling in 2 weeks +

can i get a refund on the $1000s of dollars of products if bought from Sonos over the years? like $6000 worth……. ridiculous, just called in again and got told someone will call me to resolve it which i  know wont happen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jason2023 

i was also told multiple times someone from your orders department who understands the system would call me back to resolve it, no one has bothered calling in 2 weeks +

That’s why we escalated your case. As I mentioned, you are now in a queue - please wait for a reply. It’s not possible for you to reach a supervisor by you calling.

can i get a refund on the $1000s of dollars of products if bought from Sonos over the years? like $6000 worth……. ridiculous, just called in again and got told someone will call me to resolve it which i  know wont happen.

If any of your products still qualify for a Money Back Guarantee, you can initiate the process at https://www.sonos.com/mbg

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Used Sonos also seem to sell well in several of the on-line marketplaces so that is an option for gear past the return period. Newer gear seems to retain a good bit of the value too.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Jason2023 

Do you by chance use a different account/email for the Community versus your Sonos equipment account? I do. Therefore my upgrade credits do not appear under my Community account/email.

Regarding your orders being rejected that’s very unusual. Have you checked with your financial institution to see if your account has been flagged for unusual purchases within a short period of time. High dollar and/or same type purchases from multiple vendors can trigger such a flag.

i have been waiting for 1 month to fix my account to do the most simple task - place an order.

I have tried multiple credit cards, paypal etc…. the orders are approved by the payment processors and then VANISH inside the sonos order system after the order is placed. but the payments remain pending and approved on credit cards or paypal.

so one month, multiple cases, about 30 phone calls, and not a single person at sonos has bothered to call me back.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Current phone support is a dumpster fire.

Two days ago I made a call with a rather simple question about the Arc (regarding upper and lower clearance of the soundbar for best results), and I found the answer online while waiting for the hapless agent to come up with the answer.

Today, while putting together another order, I saw that all of my 30% upgrades (from returned products) were now gone, nor could I use a voucher given me by Tech support two years ago.   After 20 minutes, today’s agent just confirmed the above information without telling my why or how they might have been used.  The call ended without an answer to this question.  They have told me that my call will be escalated and that someone will call me back in 2-3 business days, but after reading this page I’m a little less than optimistic.

Can anyone on this forum help?

Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 7

@DrewM

Unfortunately there is no one in this forum that can rectify your issue(s). We are not Sonos employees. We are uncompensated individuals who try and offer help and advice regarding technical issues with Sonos products.We also share ideas and experiences in hopes that they may be useful to others.

The forum moderators can pass along suggestions and sometimes make someone within Sonos aware of a pressing issue to a community member.  However intervention is not their primary focus as moderators nor should it be.

All said you must follow through on your own with Sonos customer service and sales. You might take a read at the Sonos Terms and Conditions and the remedies for consumer recourse when not satisfied with a resolution.

Arbitration is one avenue if you feel you have a strong enough reason to demand engagement. Be sure to get appropriate advice from a professional before going down  that path.

Best wishes for a satisfactory outcome for your concerns.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jason2023 

We sent you an email on the 7th of November - did you not receive it? If not, please check your email spam folder. Thanks.

I hope this helps.

yes i got the email. the email recommends i go buy products at a store vs using sonos.

how does that count as a solution?

Current phone support is a dumpster fire.

Two days ago I made a call with a rather simple question about the Arc (regarding upper and lower clearance of the soundbar for best results), and I found the answer online while waiting for the hapless agent to come up with the answer.

Today, while putting together another order, I saw that all of my 30% upgrades (from returned products) were now gone, nor could I use a voucher given me by Tech support two years ago.   After 20 minutes, today’s agent just confirmed the above information without telling my why or how they might have been used.  The call ended without an answer to this question.  They have told me that my call will be escalated and that someone will call me back in 2-3 business days, but after reading this page I’m a little less than optimistic.

Can anyone on this forum help?

Thanks in advance.

there is zero chance anyone will call you, literally zero.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jason2023 

yes i got the email. the email recommends i go buy products at a store vs using sonos.

how does that count as a solution?

You mentioned that no-one had “called back” - I took that as meaning no-one had got in touch with you, which we had, so I was checking that you had received the email we sent. 

Apologies if it wasn’t the answer you were looking for, but I believe it contained the answer nonetheless.

i have been waiting for 1 month to fix my account to do the most simple task - place an order.

I have tried multiple credit cards, paypal etc…. the orders are approved by the payment processors and then VANISH inside the sonos order system after the order is placed. but the payments remain pending and approved on credit cards or paypal.

so one month, multiple cases, about 30 phone calls, and not a single person at sonos has bothered to call me back.

Hello, this also happened here. Placed an order gone. Tried multiple times the same. Have you managed to sort it out?