Scrolling Albums in Music Library Odd Behaviour

• 29 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I sometimes choose music to play by scrolling through albums in Music Library I have on my NAS. On this occasion I chose “Forever” by the Spice Girls (Don’t judge me!).

When I click it this is what I saw:-

I was confused to see duplicate track numbers and I immediately thought I never thought The Spice Girls recorded Bridge Over Troubled Water!

Anyway I have another album called “Forever” by Aled Jones.

So this is clearly buggy behaviour when scrolling albums. It’s not the end of the world obviously and I could fix it by changing the name - It might even work if I put in an invisible character?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Stuart_W 

Thanks for your post!

The Sonos system will be seeing the two albums with the same name as the same album. We cannot, however, specify in the code that an album should only have one artist, as that would prevent albums from various artists from displaying correctly.

I suspect you are correct in thinking that adding a space to the end of one of the Album names in the metadata for all the tracks in that album will fix the issue - there are many free tools that allow you to do this for all tracks in one go, but I can’t recommend any specific ones.

I hope this helps.