S2 capable gear on S1 app

• 24 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I'm running a ZP90, S1 Connect, Move, Play 3 and a Bridge on the S1 app.  Both PC and on the phone.  As I understand it,  my S2 capable equipment is not getting any updates beyond what my S1 gear is capable of processing.

Can't say I've had any real issues.  I'm not very worried about higher resolution at this point.  I like having all of the equipment working together in a whole house scenario.

That said, having S2 equipment isolated from all but rudimentary updates makes me wonder what potential improvements I may be missing out on. 

I could split into two systems but I like playing everything together.  Should I worry about this if I'm not having any noticeable performance issues?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would just leave things as they stand, if you prefer one system and all is working well for you.

If original, the Bridge power-supply is perhaps now a little dated and has been known to have voltage fluctuation issues in some cases, so just keep an eye out for signs of that perhaps happening and either replace its power adapter, or maybe go onto wire a different Sonos product instead. You can always look to separate and upgrade to S2 at some later point in time to suit you.

Badge

Thanks for the input.