Answered

Returning Sonos Move

• 20 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I didn’t save the box my Sonos Move came in and I have to return it?  Any suggestions for a secure box?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 20 November 2023, 22:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yep, make a box-filling Move and bubble-wrap burrito, couple wraps of packing tape, and ship it off.

Yeah, my concern is that the Move is heavy and will bounce around.  Look at the packaging SONOS uses to protect the speaker.  Anyway I am going to package it at a FEDEX location and photo everything as recommended by Ken Griffiths.  Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Ken.  I went through the troubleshooting with the SONOS rep to determine that the speak was dead but I think it’s a great idea to photograph package before shipment to confirm that it was non-working prior to shipment.  I’m going to get the box from Fedex and ask them to provide bubble wrap as well.  I appreciate the quick response.

I’ve used the boxes at ‘the UPS Store’ before, for convenience, although I’ve never needed to ship back a Sonos speaker. For a small dude, I think most of them will do the packing for you. 

Maybe eBay, or similar sites, just an example:

www.ebay.com/itm/335105008849

But any sturdy parcel box with bubble wrap etc; to protect it and stop it moving about so that it won’t get damaged.

edit: I tend to photograph/video the item and packaging process too, just before sending.