Remember me in login does not work

• 19 January 2018
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8
'Remember Me' doesn't work for me of any of these devices:
iPad Air 2 iOS 11.3 Safari
MacBook Air macOS 10.13.4
iPhone X iOS 11.3 Safari
Userlevel 5
Hi folks,

I've got an answer to you all regarding "remember me" when logging in through the Single Sign On. We asked internally to understand how the feature is supposed to be working, and got the following answer back:

" "Remember me" is only for remembering the email, and nothing else. It doesn't keep the user logged in or auto log the user in. This is a shared feature of the entire login mechanism."
So, long story short, it's not supposed to auto-login, and InSided can't force that due to data security.
If you do experience a smooth auto login, it's most likely a browser feature or setting.

All the best,
Ditte
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Er, but it doesn't remember the email address. That's the point.
Userlevel 5
Er, but it doesn't remember the email address. That's the point.

Original question from camillo777 is about auto logging in, based on their follow-up, which is what we've been looking into, as our understanding also was that it was supposed to auto-login.
Now, that the actual functionality of the tickbox has been clarified, your email address is not being remembered, so we'll look into that separately. :)

Best,
Ditte
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Cookies were invented for this purpose...
Before being used for tracking user shopping preferences.