Answered

online support for replacement is awful

• 15 November 2023
  • 8 replies

I ordered an arc, sub and two era 100’s. The arc had a loose screw or something right out of the box. I never connected it to my system. When I picked it up I could hear the screw rattling around inside. So, I went to the return website and started the return. I got an email with a shipping label but could see nowhere to request and replacement. I didn’t want to just return it I wanted a replacement that didn’t rattle. So I ended up calling support. Spent 45 minutes on the phone explaining I wanted a replacement and not a refund (used a 40% off coupon to order). I was told that I already requested a return and all I had to do was ship it back and around and around. Transferred to a different rep where I had to go through the whole story again (you already requested a return etc etc etc). Finally the second rep understood and pushed an email where I could enter the RMA and request a replacement. Perfect. Except… the website was broken. I would enter in the info and when I hit the submit button a red box popped up that said “Return order failed. There was an error returning your order” I tried my phone, my work computer, my home computer. Different browsers and got that red box pop up error every time 🙄 

I tried reaching out on twitter snd suooort there started back with the “I see that you already requested a return…” and gave up. I just now got the email saying my refund is being processed. The problem is with the coupon used to order, the refund is less than the full price so now I’ve kind of wasted the coupon 

vent over

icon

Best answer by Corry P 16 November 2023, 17:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Polekat 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Apologies for the condition that the Arc arrived in, and for the trouble you’ve had in trying to get a replacement organised.

I just want to make sure that when you go to the link that was in the email you received, that you are using the RO number (including the “RO-”) in that same email, and not your case number?

If that’s not what the issue was, could you please let me know which of the two return types you’d like and I’ll attempt submitting the info for you? Standard return, or Advanced? If it goes wrong for me too, I’ll see what we can do about rectifying the situation.

I wouldn’t worry about the coupon - with an RMA, we just replace the unit regardless of exactly how much you paid for it. No more money need be exchanged.

I hope this helps.

I copy and pasted the RO-xxxx and get this still @Corry P 

Moderator edit: redacted serial number from picture

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Polekat 

Thanks for trying again. I tried too and it failed for me as well.

I’ve asked that someone look into this for you - it shouldn’t take long before you hear back via email. 

I hope this helps.

@Corry P thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Polekat 

As it turns out, the return didn’t need processing as it was already integrated, which is why we couldn’t do so again and received the error instead. My colleague Tim has now sent you the shipping label directly - please keep an eye out for his email, and if you don’t see it, please check your spam folder.

Apologies for the confusion - I’m not entirely sure where things went wrong.

I hope this helps.

@Corry P 

I had received the shipping label and already returned the arc. It was received by JJMILLER back on 11.9.23 in Louisville, KY. I emailed that info to Tim as well. I have also received an email indicating that the refund is in process, which, as I mentioned above, wasn’t what I wanted

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Polekat 

Someone somewhere got things confused - apologies. Tim certainly knows that you were looking for a replacement as we discussed it specifically, though neither of us were aware that you already had in fact sent the unit in.

Tim is the current owner of your case and will receive your email - I have full confidence that he will get this resolved for you, but I will get in touch with him now to see if he can prioritise you.

Thank you