New Arc update is horrible

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Badge

Can the update be removed. I’ve heard so many complaints on this. Also does it take effect once you try play it. 

No, Sonos has never, so far, provided any way to roll back their software. It’s been a request many times, but so far, there has only been forward movement, and never backward. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Sonos will never allow an earlier firmware to be reinstalled no matter how bad they've messed it up.

At the end of the day all your equipment is at their mercy (probably part of the user agreement).

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Maybe Sonos want their customer keeping their expectations all the time... When everything is good, the customers expect on new products. When no new product to expect, they ruin a system that used to be good and annoy the customers... then they all have to expect for a fix and feel very happy when things are back to normal😑

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Eureka! I have made a Big reset of everything including Playbar, Sub and Ones. Then made a room and put inside it first the Playbar and then the rest. Then I have TruePlay-ed the room and I think the sound output got better. It is not like before, but much close to it. Try it!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Nope. It’s in a complete product line. You need to remove and forget everything and start from scratch. Hope it works as with me 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hoping Sonos really understands the drop out of their quality sound experience and will give * **** to turn it back for us. I have spoken to support several time, been send mails to the Sonos CEO, but for now..nothing. 

Moderator edit: Language, see Terms & Conditions

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Koyno Since Sonos only states the new sound is Arc only, is this based on you personal experience only, or can you point to other sources?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Koyno Since Sonos only states the new sound is Arc only, is this based on you personal experience only, or can you point to other sources?

Personal xpirience. But as I mentioned I managed to solve it. But be careful with Sonos updates. I do not trust them anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Dogdad If you need to turn the volume up further as before, you just do so. Why is this a problem?