Customer "Service" is Unbelievably Awful!!!!!

• 19 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I currently own more Sonos products than I can count, at least 15 to the tune of probably $10k. They have been reliable for the most part and, in the past, when they were not, I simply called Sonos and the unit would be exchanged for a working one in a simple quick, understandable transaction. The last time I had an issue was several years ago.

Fast forward to the present. Without question, the absolute WORST customer service!!!!! I recently purchased 2 Roams. The charging wire on one of them was defective. I called Sonos to replace the wire. Very long story short, after over an hour on the phone which included the necessity of a video over my phone to show the defective wire, Sonos told me I would have the wire within 3 to 5 business days. 10 days later - nothing. I called again and spent more than 2 full frustrating hours on the phone with 3 different people 2 of which disconnected me and did not call back. All three representatives asked me  the same exact questions at least 10 times each and continuously put me on numerous 5 minute holds. Two full mornings of my life to get one charging wire replaced. A total waste of more than 3 hours of my life and absolutely the worst customer service experience of my life - and I have had many poor experiences.  Well, maybe I had an equally bad experience with Visio. Also, I do not see how wasting so much time on such a minor issue is cost effective for Sonos.

I originally purchased the Sonos products because they were a premium product with excellent customer service. I am always willing to spend a bit more for good service for a premium product. Sadly, it seems Sonos has lost it’s way. Sonos has gone the way of all companies these days, “sell the product and you're on you own - good luck.”  I have no intention of any future purchases of Sonos products.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

I wouldn’t waste MY time complaining about a charging cable, I’d simply replace it myself.

In retrospect I agree, however, I didn't think it was such a big deal to replace  a cable. Regardless, you are missing the point of my post.  If this is the process I had to deal with  regarding a relatively worthless cable,  I would not want to deal with this company again in regard to anything. 

I agree the later point.  Sonos provides NO customer service.  Seriously!  Absolutely none. 

I bought and installed a very comprehensive Sonos system in 2015 that includes many products that only work with S1, eg: Connect, Connect: amp, Play 1, Sub, etc.  A while ago (prior to the Move:2), my wife bought a Move.  She liked and recently she bought another, although this time a Move:2 because she was not aware there was a difference.

I have not been able to connect the Move:2 to our S1 system and believe it is not possible to do so.  I have tried contacting Sonos to ask if I am right and, if so, what (if anything) I can do.  I have: 1) called support more than 5 times and each time was told the wait is longer than 1 hr; 2) tried to chat, also more than 5 times, and each time was told no one is avaialbe; 3) submitted my question to the Sonos Community but not received a response; and 4) emailed Sonos’ CEO Patrick Spence, which the Sonos website offers as an option, but not received a response. 

Bottom line - Sonos does not care about its customers. 

Additionally, assuming I am correct that the Move:2 cannot be added to my system it not only seems unfair/disadvantagious to prior customers to make new products which are incompatible with older products (although I am far from the first to make this complaint) but also irresponsible that the Sonos website does not make this distinction clear especially for customers (like my wife) who are not aware that 2 operating systems exist.