Costco Beam purchase - Free mount???

• 21 June 2023
  • 11 replies

Anyone have an issue claiming their free Sonos Beam mount after following the promo code instructions in the box?  I just got tagged for $49.00 after the instructions stated that the item was going to be free of charge.  I contacted Sonos about the issue and I’m still waiting on a response.  Not good customer service thus far!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

If this is a COSTCO promotion, shouldn’t you have purchased through COSTCO, not SONOS?

Never heard of this promotion. Any chance of posting a picture of these instructions?

I’ve also purchased the Sonas beam in Costco and was happy to learn of the free mount included upon request. After following the instructions to gain my free mount I get a page that flags as temporarily down, which is poor. I’m yet to receive a satisfactory response so needless to say I won’t be adding to my sonas collection any time soon. 

Is this a COSTCO website that is down, shouldn’t you be contacting COSTCO?

Would really be nice to get at least a URL, or something. None of this community knows if this is a Sonos promotion, or a Costco one, or some combination of the two. 

I just checked with a Costco person. This is a SONOS promotion. A notice is included in the product box when purchased through Costco. The notice includes a promo code that should be used when ordering the bracket through the SONOS online store.

Userlevel 7

Below is the exact wording copied from the Costco website for the Beam (Gen2) Bundle. The URL is included as requested.

Bundle Includes:

• $40 Gift Card for a Music Streaming Service, Wall Mount Voucher & 30% off Accessories Coupon

Product details have been supplied by the manufacturer and are hosted by a third party.

https://www.costco.com/sonos-beam-gen-2-soundbar-bundle.product.100816447.html

The lynch-pin to the error when trying to apply the Wall Mount voucher may be with the 3rd party host. Companies often outsource promotional offerings to a 3rd party for fullfillment to keep inventories separate. Most likely Sonos has ear-marked a certain number of Wall Mounts for the promo and already shipped them to the 3rd party fullfilment center. When supplies are gone the promo will most likely end. Also, it appears to be an on-line order promo only...no in-store purchase of the Beam.

I’d contact Sonos Sales and Costco Membership Admin to let them both know of the glitch. Between the two I’m sure action will be taken.

There is a QR code printed on the included voucher. I assume that the user should use that QR code.

However, it’s pretty clear from the URL that this is Costco, not Sonos. But I would agree, likely good to notify both parties. 

Userlevel 7

Below is the exact wording copied from the Costco website for the Beam (Gen2) Bundle. The URL is included as requested.

Bundle Includes:

• $40 Gift Card for a Music Streaming Service, Wall Mount Voucher & 30% off Accessories Coupon

Product details have been supplied by the manufacturer and are hosted by a third party.

https://www.costco.com/sonos-beam-gen-2-soundbar-bundle.product.100816447.html

The lynch-pin to the error when trying to apply the Wall Mount voucher may be with the 3rd party host. Companies often outsource promotional offerings to a 3rd party for fullfillment to keep inventories separate. Most likely Sonos has ear-marked a certain number of Wall Mounts for the promo and already shipped them to the 3rd party fullfilment center. When supplies are gone the promo will most likely end. Also, it appears to be an on-line order promo only...no in-store purchase of the Beam.

I’d contact Sonos Sales and Costco Membership Admin to let them both know of the glitch. Between the two I’m sure action will be taken.

Costco could have purchased X number of Wall Mounts from Sonos for the promo which places any glitch in the process squarely in Costco’s wheelhouse. However, since  it is a Sonos product consumers will often (in error) look to the manufacturer. That said it may still behove Sonos to make sure Costco resolves the issue to stave off collateral press damage to the Sonos brand.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I got the arc mount via the similar Costco promotion for the arc.   Added it to my basket on Sonos.com, used the code that came in the dark blue leaflet that came with the arc and got the mount within a week, no charge.  I purchased my arc in the local Costco store.