Skip to main content

Class Action Lawsuit re New USELESS App Class Action Lawsuit

Whomever is interested in joining a class action lawsuit

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

116 replies

Userlevel 1

Well it does seem like we are all in agreement that they messed up.

We are definitely talking about first world problems here. Hopefully they can work to push some of the updates out quicker so that this all blows over but I think for many of us, myself included, we will be looking for an exit strategy.

For better or for worse, maybe there's something wrong with some of us, but a lot of us on this forum have probably spent the equivalent of what it would cost to buy a new Toyota Camry or more on our sound systems. 

And for a lot of us our sound systems are such a big part of our lives (as cheesy as that sounds). So when something that we take for granted and have invested a lot of money in (as spoiled as we are) gets jacked up, we get riled up!

I think for the average Sonos user that just uses an arc or maybe a couple play ones or a era or whatever the new ones are This kind of thing isn't really bothering them too much because they are just using the speakers as basically almost a glorified portable speaker.

Yes regarding the Sonos stock I was definitely trying to poke a little fun with that. Definitely a bit snarky for sure. 

I think if Patrick Spence whoever is the CEO now would just come out and admit they messed up and that they're fixing it as fast as they can that would help calm a lot of our nerves. 

Again there are many of us including probably all of us on here that have invested many thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars in their home audio as stupid as that might be. My wife definitely thinks it's dumb. But the moral of the story is don't mess with our stuff or we take it personally!

I think a lot of us would calm the heck down if we could just roll back to the old app until the new app is a little more polished.

Since Sonos has never offered a way to do that in the years since they came on the market, I have to wonder if the effort to create that as an option is as much, or even more than having every coder full steam on adding back in the missing items. My guess, unsubstantiated in this release, is that there is data in the new release that isn’t in the old one. And certainly writing a new ‘backgrade’ process isn’t something I’d ever want to inflict on anyone on any of the code teams I’ve been associated with. 

Since Sonos has never offered a way to do that in the years since they came on the market, I have to wonder if the effort to create that as an option is as much, or even more than having every coder full steam on adding back in the missing items. My guess, unsubstantiated in this release, is that there is data in the new release that isn’t in the old one. And certainly writing a new ‘backgrade’ process isn’t something I’d ever want to inflict on anyone on any of the code teams I’ve been associated with. 

Come on. They’ve offered the ability to roll back and forth between s1 and s2 for 4 years. 

That’s two different operating systems, and not going back from one version of the same operating system to another, previous version. 

Userlevel 1

Whomever is interested in joining a class action lawsuit, kindly leave your name and email address.

For goodness sake, how ridiculous.  

Just for context, I have the new app and here is the what I can and can’t do:

Yes:  play music by voice (Sonos, Alexa)

Yes: access my locally stored music with the app

Yes: access my music services (inc Amazon) with the app

coming soon: alarms

coming soon: queue management.

Bug fixes will come along with the already promised (with dates given) updates.  The only grey area is when local library search will return.

For the most part I can use the app to do what I want albeit it being glitchy. 

You want to sue because you can’t wait a few weeks for parity with the old app??   What are your material losses, or have you suffered emotional trauma ?  Jeez you sound like the kind of person who would sue if your breakfast milk was sour.   The whole idea is ridiculous, but go ahead and waste your money.  

I have thousands of dollars of speakers that now barely work, can't change volume, play then don't then can't group then do but then won't. 

I'm not at the class action stage yet but it's not out of the question.   I'm not going to just go get some other new system so at some point they either fix this or buy back their useless speakers and sound bar from me. 

Nothing has changed on the speakers / amps / soundbars, their code / OS hasn’t changed, and therefor their inherent functionality has t changed.  The app is buggy, I don’t disagree, and there is no excuse for that.  But buggy software is followed by bug fixed software and Sonos have already given time lines for new releases, and parity, or something akin to that is promised.  

I in no way defend what has happened.  I too have several thousands of pounds invested.  But there is very little I can’t do with my kit now that I couldn’t do before.  Maybe others are having bigger issues.  But I wouldnt question my investment in my gear for the sake of waiting a few weeks.  It seems a strange failure of a persons character that their first thought would be to turn to litigation.  

Attacking the character of a complainant while defending sonos against other complainants and suggesting someone is a troll is rich. I've reported this as detrimental to community standards. People are not getting the support they deserve from sonos and you are defending sonos and talking down to them. It seems your complaint is only with other sonos users who are unhappy. 

That’s two different operating systems, and not going back from one version of the same operating system to another, previous version. 

Yeah should be way easier to roll back s2. But I get that they don’t give a flying * about customers so definitely aren’t going to do this. Also Ace headphones roll out in a couple of weeks so they need the app installed everywehere.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Whomever is interested in joining a class action lawsuit, kindly leave your name and email address.

Bug fixes will come along with the already promised (with dates given) updates.  The only grey area is when local library search will return.

You want to sue because you can’t wait a few weeks for parity with the old app??   What are your material losses, or have you suffered emotional trauma ?  Jeez you sound like the kind of person who would sue if your breakfast milk was sour.   The whole idea is ridiculous, but go ahead and waste your money.  

I have thousands of dollars of speakers that now barely work, can't change volume, play then don't then can't group then do but then won't. 

I'm not at the class action stage yet but it's not out of the question.   I'm not going to just go get some other new system so at some point they either fix this or buy back their useless speakers and sound bar from me. 

Nothing has changed on the speakers / amps / soundbars, their code / OS hasn’t changed, and therefor their inherent functionality has t changed.  The app is buggy, I don’t disagree, and there is no excuse for that.  But buggy software is followed by bug fixed software and Sonos have already given time lines for new releases, and parity, or something akin to that is promised.  

I in no way defend what has happened.  I too have several thousands of pounds invested.  But there is very little I can’t do with my kit now that I couldn’t do before.  Maybe others are having bigger issues.  But I wouldnt question my investment in my gear for the sake of waiting a few weeks.  It seems a strange failure of a persons character that their first thought would be to turn to litigation.  

Attacking the character of a complainant while defending sonos against other complainants and suggesting someone is a troll is rich. I've reported this as detrimental to community standards. People are not getting the support they deserve from sonos and you are defending sonos and talking down to them. It seems your complaint is only with other sonos users who are unhappy. 

I didn’t defend Sonos, I specifically wrote ‘I in no way defend what has happened’ clearly indicating I am not defending Sonos — I even wrote that I agreed that the app was buggy.  And my ‘attack’ if that is what you want to call it is not against anyone who who complains — I would defend to the hilt everyone’s right to have their say.  My criticism is against anyone whose first thought when they encounter any hiccup in life is to think about litigation.  Maybe it’s a cultural thing — I dunno, either way I am entitled to that viewpoint and I have no qualms reiterating it.  As I said report away, but you should maybe reread that which you are reporting.   Oh, and welcome to the community. 

You clearly can’t read but report away.  I didn’t defend Sonos, I specifically wrote ‘I in no way defend what has happened’ clearly indicating I am not defending Sonos.  And my ‘attack’ if that is what you want to call it is not against anyone who who complains — I would defend to the hilt everyone’s right to have their say.  My criticism is against anyone’s whose first thought when they encounter any hiccup in life is to think about litigation.  Maybe it’s a culturall thing — I dunno, either way I am entitled to that viewpoint and I have no qualms reiterating it.   And I agreed with other’s criticism of the app being buggy.  As I said report away, but you should maybe reread that which you are reporting.  

Are you even familiar with the USA? Litigation is a way of life. When you encounter a hiccup you don’t look the other way like a Brit, you freaking sue the crap out of them because you aren’t going to take their crap.🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You clearly can’t read but report away.  I didn’t defend Sonos, I specifically wrote ‘I in no way defend what has happened’ clearly indicating I am not defending Sonos.  And my ‘attack’ if that is what you want to call it is not against anyone who who complains — I would defend to the hilt everyone’s right to have their say.  My criticism is against anyone’s whose first thought when they encounter any hiccup in life is to think about litigation.  Maybe it’s a culturall thing — I dunno, either way I am entitled to that viewpoint and I have no qualms reiterating it.   And I agreed with other’s criticism of the app being buggy.  As I said report away, but you should maybe reread that which you are reporting.  

Are you even familiar with the USA? Litigation is a way of life. When you encounter a hiccup you don’t look the other way like a Brit, you freaking sue the crap out of them because you aren’t going to take their crap.🤣

Yeah, come back in 10 years and tell us how it went 😅😊

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Guys, don’t waste your time arguing with people like this.

I’m here on these forums, once again, because I’ve discovered yet another feature missing from the new app.

Honestly, I was going to wait it out, but the cold response (or lack of response) from Sonos is very quickly making me less frustrated, and more angry. I am growing to hate this company. I won’t be buying more speakers from this company. Garbage.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Anyway, how do we join the class action?

Yeah, come back in 10 years and tell us how it went 😅😊

You are such a pessimist, 9 years tops. 🤣

The products are *100% UNUSABLE WHATSOEVER*. I cannot even open the pile of trash sonos app to access my system because it requires a “system update” that errors out that “the system owner must be logged in”. NOTHING WORKS. It’s not about stupid alarms. People cannot get anything or basic things to function whatsoever after spending THOUSANDS on grossly overpriced sky high marked up sonos products.

I am suspicious of the number of new members who deride Sonos as terrible, useless, overpriced etc.  Yet, like you, the chose Sonos out of all the other choices out there, but never joined the forums before this week because presumably — you’ve had no problems whatsoever before ??

Look, reading through the vast number of messages posted, some state their systems have disappeared, but the numbers are very very small.  Your experience is NOT typical, as most are complaining about the queue management, local library search, general bugs and yes the alarms.  So you need to call Sonos and get help with your particular circumstances.   

I’ve used sonos for well over a decade across multiple residential and commercial properties. Originally it was an excellent system and fairly priced for what it was. There also was never major catastrophic issues that rendered everything completely useless and unusable so no I had zero interest in joining. 

You are vastly incorrect. My experience of having a completely useless system is not unique. I have called support - and wasted HOURS on the phone with the clueless dolts only to be told this is a very widespread issue impacting a large number of customers with no solution in sight with ETA’s of potentially months for a fix per supports exact words.

Does anyone else sense that Andrew S is a arrogant Sonos employee or affiliate, with a bone to pick with anyone other than their own ego ??

The products are *100% UNUSABLE WHATSOEVER*. I cannot even open the pile of trash sonos app to access my system because it requires a “system update” that errors out that “the system owner must be logged in”. NOTHING WORKS. It’s not about stupid alarms. People cannot get anything or basic things to function whatsoever after spending THOUSANDS on grossly overpriced sky high marked up sonos products.

I am suspicious of the number of new members who deride Sonos as terrible, useless, overpriced etc.  Yet, like you, the chose Sonos out of all the other choices out there, but never joined the forums before this week because presumably — you’ve had no problems whatsoever before ??

Look, reading through the vast number of messages posted, some state their systems have disappeared, but the numbers are very very small.  Your experience is NOT typical, as most are complaining about the queue management, local library search, general bugs and yes the alarms.  So you need to call Sonos and get help with your particular circumstances.   

I’ve used sonos for well over a decade across multiple residential and commercial properties. Originally it was an excellent system and fairly priced for what it was. There also was never major catastrophic issues that rendered everything completely useless and unusable so no I had zero interest in joining. 

You are vastly incorrect. My experience of having a completely useless system is not unique. I have called support - and wasted HOURS on the phone with the clueless dolts only to be told this is a very widespread issue impacting a large number of customers with no solution in sight with ETA’s of potentially months for a fix per supports exact words.

Does anyone else sense that Andrew S is anarrogant Sonos employee or affiliate, with a bone to pick with anyone other than their own ego ??

I am neither a Sonos employee nor an affiliate, but you wouldn’t believe me, no matter what I said.  I just like to think I have a sense of proportionality in life.  I don’t see anybody taking on the time and the expensive of mounting this lawsuit.  It’s all very brave to say ‘include me’, of course, when nobody is actually doing it.  Perhaps you’d like to take it on  jbelvedere50 — show everybody your not just mouth, eh? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Ummm I’m actually right with a class action lawsuit. How long do you justify waiting to fix an app that should not have been released before it was ready. Sorry I like many others have a ton of money invested in these overpriced speakers I agreed to pay for by my choice. When you constantly update the app and it gets worse each time, call me crazy but I start to lose patience!!! When the old apps worked flawlessly in every room change, song change, volume change etc. since your so patient - how long and how many updates do we sit and wait for? If Sonos really cared then they would let us use an old version that works until they figure out the bugs  I feel like a complete tool with these speakers that consistently don’t work. If you enjoy spending a lot of money on things that don’t work than good for you  I’ve got some speakers for sale if your interested.

Does anyone else sense that Andrew S is anarrogant Sonos employee or affiliate, with a bone to pick with anyone other than their own ego ??

I am neither a Sonos employee nor an affiliate, but you wouldn’t believe me, no matter what I said.  I just like to think I have a sense of proportionality in life.  I don’t see anybody taking on the time and the expensive of mounting this lawsuit.  It’s all very brave to say ‘include me’, of course, when nobody is actually doing it.  Perhaps you’d like to take it on  jbelvedere50 — show everybody your not just mouth, eh? 

• I stand corrected then, perhaps just arrogant and blind  to the main point of complaint those are making.

... it’s not about particular features of an app, it’s about integrity and functionality of the hardware, driven solely by said app. 

Perhaps you might consider that the perception of yourself [intentions] is not so well taken due to fact you’re trolling almost every single, legitimate and negative post about Sonos and the app/update.   Your intent manifests itself in a sadistic way of putting you in the direct line of suspicion and at good cause for contempt, just so you can hear your own words in retort.

I’ve just added 3 Denon products, Playbar550, Speaker 350 and Home Sub. Waiting on 2nd 350 to create surrounds.  The Heos app goes far above and beyond the SONOS crAPP which has been failing me the 5 years I’ve had my units (Playbar, Play1s, Sub, Play5 and Roam).  I’ve disconnected the Playbar, 1’s and Sub…. they are going out the door.  Keeping the Play5 in my bedroom now… initially it was to drive my turntable, and bridge it to the other pieces….The just added Denon & Heos has made that incredibly easier now [for me].  Not saying there weren’t bumps to start, or to come but, a completely better, frustration free, scenario.  On top of that, Denon was immediate to respond, and the rep who helped via email, actually phoned me, unsolicited from California to discuss and help resolve minor hiccup (which was an issue of misunderstanding on my part of linking Sub to Playbar and my WIFI SSID).  *Bear in mind I have no choice but to use a WIFI network as the router is upstairs in my landlords part of the house, and not about to ask him to send wires down here… enought for him to deal with with 3 kids.  He & the family have been too good to me since I’ve moved here, in may ways. 

Of six original units, the  Play5 and Roam are the only hardware I’ll keep. That much I was able to get sorted on a new account after transferring ownership over… which created another nightmare on my original account [it won’t let me do anything, with an endless cycle of “sign in as owner”  and doesn’t see my Sub, telling me to connect a gen 3]….but, meh, those items registered to that primary account are headed out of here eventually. 

They’re disconnected and sitting in front of my new soundbar… looking embarrassed and ashamed for the parent company that has seeded them and now  rendered them orphans, all because *SONOS DEVELOPERS DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CREATE A WELL FUNCTIONING APP TO CONTROL THE SYSTEM, OR THEY JUST DON’T CARE BECAUSE SONOS IS PROBABLY  HEADING TO BE A PAY FOR STREAMING A SERVICE OF THEIR OWN.   The Heos app gives me full access to my HUGE library of my own music. I don’t use pay for streaming services;  TuneIn and Soundcloud in their basic form is sufficient outside my own collection nearing 95,000 digital… and LPs on top of that.

Bottom line… good hardware from sonos… bad company, practices and above all utter lack of respect for clients as far as the horrendous crAPP they’ve produced and continue to do nothing about to remedy over the years. I’ve been constantly frustrated for 5 years and had to fuss with an app to listen to an LP.  Moving on in part for complete disgust of their greed. 

PS,  and yes, I’ve taken on or been part of Class action and human rights complaints in the past. The most significant  being me solely  against the Government of NS for discrimination, that I (not a law student or professional) compiled my own defence that went to the highest level of judicial consideration of 9 judges;  ultimately those judges decided in my favour.  I’m not supposed to talk about the hush money for the other part regarding collective human rights complaint, but I donated all that money to the AIDS committee of Toronto at the time.  Since then, Microsoft and other companies who’ve been held to account have provided modest individual compensation for their failings…. modest at the individual level, huge at the overal figures.             * WHY SHOULDN’T SONOS BE, in that respect?  

If not for age and failing health, maybe I would… but, no I don’t care to take on this as the lead. I just want to be able to listen to my music collection WITHOUT THE CONSTANT FRUSTRATION OF A SOFTWARE APPLICATION THAT HAS NEVER WORKED WELL.

* and, I’m not `YELLING, I’m Italian. I like emphasis outside of bold fonts.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

• I stand corrected then, perhaps just arrogant and blind  to the main point of complaint those are making.

... it’s not about particular features of an app, it’s about integrity and functionality of the hardware, driven solely by said app. 

Perhaps you might consider that the perception of yourself [intentions] is not so well taken due to fact you’re trolling almost every single, legitimate and negative post about Sonos and the app/update.   Your intent manifests itself in a sadistic way of putting you in the direct line of suspicion and at good cause for contempt, just so you can hear your own words in retort.

I’ve just added 3 Denon products, Playbar550, Speaker 350 and Home Sub. Waiting on 2nd 350 to create surrounds.  The Heos app goes far above and beyond the SONOS crAPP which has been failing me the 5 years I’ve had my units (Playbar, Play1s, Sub, Play5 and Roam).  I’ve disconnected the Playbar, 1’s and Sub…. they are going out the door.  Keeping the Play5 in my bedroom now… initially it was to drive my turntable, and bridge it to the other pieces….The just added Denon & Heos has made that incredibly easier now [for me].  Not saying there weren’t bumps to start, or to come but, a completely better, frustration free, scenario.  On top of that, Denon was immediate to respond, and the rep who helped via email, actually phoned me, unsolicited from California to discuss and help resolve minor hiccup (which was an issue of misunderstanding on my part of linking Sub to Playbar and my WIFI SSID).  *Bear in mind I have no choice but to use a WIFI network as the router is upstairs in my landlords part of the house, and not about to ask him to send wires down here… enought for him to deal with with 3 kids.  He & the family have been too good to me since I’ve moved here, in may ways. 

Of six original units, the  Play5 and Roam are the only hardware I’ll keep. That much I was able to get sorted on a new account after transferring ownership over… which created another nightmare on my original account [it won’t let me do anything, with an endless cycle of “sign in as owner”  and doesn’t see my Sub, telling me to connect a gen 3]….but, meh, those items registered to that primary account are headed out of here eventually. 

They’re disconnected and sitting in front of my new soundbar… looking embarrassed and ashamed for the parent company that has seeded them and now  rendered them orphans, all because *SONOS DEVELOPERS DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CREATE A WELL FUNCTIONING APP TO CONTROL THE SYSTEM, OR THEY JUST DON’T CARE BECAUSE SONOS IS PROBABLY  HEADING TO BE A PAY FOR STREAMING A SERVICE OF THEIR OWN.   The Heos app gives me full access to my HUGE library of my own music. I don’t use pay for streaming services;  TuneIn and Soundcloud in their basic form is sufficient outside my own collection nearing 95,000 digital… and LPs on top of that.

Bottom line… good hardware from sonos… bad company, practices and above all utter lack of respect for clients as far as the horrendous crAPP they’ve produced and continue to do nothing about to remedy over the years. I’ve been constantly frustrated for 5 years and had to fuss with an app to listen to an LP.  Moving on in part for complete disgust of their greed. 

PS,  and yes, I’ve taken on or been part of Class action and human rights complaints in the past. The most significant  being me solely  against the Government of NS for discrimination, that I (not a law student or professional) compiled my own defence that went to the highest level of judicial consideration of 9 judges;  ultimately those judges decided in my favour.  I’m not supposed to talk about the hush money for the other part regarding collective human rights complaint, but I donated all that money to the AIDS committee of Toronto at the time.  Since then, Microsoft and other companies who’ve been held to account have provided modest individual compensation for their failings…. modest at the individual level, huge at the overal figures.             * WHY SHOULDN’T SONOS BE, in that respect?  

If not for age and failing health, maybe I would… but, no I don’t care to take on this as the lead. I just want to be able to listen to my music collection WITHOUT THE CONSTANT FRUSTRATION OF A SOFTWARE APPLICATION THAT HAS NEVER WORKED WELL.

I’m just pissed off and slowly but surely thinking Sonos is becoming garbage right in front of me… and just because of this latest app update. I’ve had Sonos for over a decade and it just seems to progressively getting worse which concerns me. I guess money still means something to me when I invest in a company and have to look all around at speakers that quite frankly as of now… look like junk!!!!

Why are you so angry at me?  You use words like sadistic, arrogant, trolling — you don’t like being challenged much do you?    I have pushed back on these forums against some of the more absurd posts on here simply because some people have let their anger get in the way of anything like meaningful discourse.  If somebody writes a lot of bombastic nonsense, yeah I’ll push back on that.  You mentioned human rights; I believe that encompasses free speech.

Bottom line, my experience of the app is favourable.  I’m sorry if that hurts you, but jumping to conclusions that I some kind of covert Sonos employee is the kind of bombastic nonsense I push back against.  I’m not having any major issues with the app, and neither is anybody I know.  I am not alone; there is another long standing and well- trusted member who states the same.  I have stated many times (which you will now as you seem to be avidly following my posts) I am not defending Sonos as I think the app is buggy as hell, that it was released too early and that their communication has been atrocious.  I have also stated that I have complete sympathy for those many people whose systems have been ‘lost’ by being undiscovered by the new app.  I have stated this many times.  Everyone’s experiences and opinions of the app is different and everyone is entitled to their point of view, and yeah that does include people like me whose experience is more broadly positive than negative.  My opinion of the lawsuit remains that it is nonsense.  I’m not going to go into any more detail here as to why I think that.  Maybe the fact that no one appears to be launching this lends credence to my viewpoint.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

This is 21st century capitalism.  The market rules. The solution is to trash your Sonos gear and purchase another corporate brand.

Otherwise, hire some flashy 'no win, no fee' legal corporate to sue the Sonos Corporate. 

There is an alternative - free open source... 

😀😋😎

Upset and frustrated. Sonos support seems overwhelmed if you ever get to talk to a live person. Only tolerate so many apologies and “I understand” while the problem remains unresolved.

The new update is a failure. I am denied access to a substantial part of my music collection. Many updates have caused issues but none like the recent update. Sonos use to be a good company and seemed to care about the customer. Don’t feel that way anymore.

I will lose a substantial amount of money but I am looking into other options.

As to the person that responds to every negative post about Sonos criticizing the person making the post you have no credibility.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You’ll only lose a substantial amount of money if you have a knee-jerk reaction and change from Sonos to another system. If you simply apply some moderation and wait for the app fixes in the coming weeks, none of those financial concerns will apply. 

As to the person that responds to every negative post about Sonos criticizing the person making the post you have no credibility.

Or maybe a better sense of perspective. 

Userlevel 1

OP is right, I too have spent ££££ on Sonos over the years. Having just moved house they are completely unusable. I’d like to sell back these absolute waste of space products. 

imagine releasing an update rendering your own products completely useless. Can’t comprehend how this app wasn’t tested. Complete clowns and they’ve lost all credibility 

You’ll only lose a substantial amount of money if you have a knee-jerk reaction and change from Sonos to another system. If you simply apply some moderation and wait for the app fixes in the coming weeks, none of those financial concerns will apply. 

Or maybe a better sense of perspective. 

Keep drinking the sonos cool-aid. You are entitled to your perspective. Does not make you the arbiter of all things reasonable nor does it make you correct. From my perspective sonos has been having difficulties and problems(especially with updates) for years. Customer service is not so good. More than half my music collection cannot be accessed. During my service phone call the tech made himself or sonos the administrator of my sonos and has not followed through on his commitment to get back to work on my sonos(said it would be today but never responded to my email asking what time he would call and I have not heard from him. All that was after another tech did not bother to keep a prior service phone call appointment.

I would like to keep my blood pressure at a safe level. Dealing with sonos is not helping. 

Please save your advice for yourself. 

I am not enjoying the sonos experience anymore. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Brian13 

Anyone who doesn’t agree with you must be a shill for Sonos. Got it. 

Userlevel 2

@Andrew-s the main point you’re missing here is that this whole mess was completely unnecessary.  Sonos did not have to roll out an app that was half finished and then say “Oh, these features will be included in the coming weeks” they could have just waited to roll out the new app.  That is why so many people are livid because the app is obviously beta.  They could have (and still can) choose to roll back to the previous version app and that would solve the majority of the complaints and work out the bugs and features on the new app while people still use the old one. 

Another thing you’re missing here is not everyone here are USERS of the system but dealers who earn their living by selling A/V equipment in multi-million dollar homes.  What happens when you make recommendations to purchase such a system and then the vendor pulls something like this and now the end customer is blaming you because you recommended the system… there are REAL damages here.. or worse the builder that uses you decides that you just cost them a massive headache so you’re now no longer their choice for A/V integration.  

I’m not sure where you get that local music libraries are working because in my version they are not.  Not only can I not access the music in my previously defined library I have no ability to change settings to add more folders, or re-index the existing folders all functionality that existed in the previous app.  

Many of our customers sent in at significant cost their entire CD collection to have it ripped and placed on media for a local NAS device specifically for their sonos system only to have this app update FORCED on them and now their unable to make use of that huge investment (Ripping CDs, NAS hardware not to mention the Sonos hardware)

ROLL BACK THE APP!!