BT Smart Hub 2 Wi-Fi Mode Setting

• 18 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, we have been seeing disconnect issues with a four room speaker Sonos Play system. Sonos support have advised that the BT Smart Hub 2 Wi-Fi should be set to Mode 2 which seems to have fixed the issue. You’ll need to logon to the BT Smart Hub 2 as admin to do this. I did this on two separate BT Smart hubs and both got stuck with the saving the change message (usually they save new settings ok). If this happens just wait a few minutes with the saving message displayed and then restart the hub. Then recheck the settings, for both hubs we changed they had stored the new Mode 2 Wi-Fi setting correctly, despite being stuck in save mode.

BT info. re. Wi-Fi mode settings:

The modes are: Mode 1: Gives you the fullest featured wireless, maximising speed and range. Mode 2: Some devices can sometimes struggle to use the latest wireless features. If you have any devices that can't get a good wireless connection, try using this mode.

See the following for more info.

What is the wireless mode feature on my BT Smart Hub?

I hope this helps!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Juk3Box

Thanks for the information on how to change that setting, I’m sure it will help new users who are also using the BT Smart Hub 2.

If you haven’t already, you may want to reach out to BT and let them know that changes aren’t finalizing in their router login page, it’s possible they aren’t aware this is happening.

Again, thanks for the details on how to get this working!

Badge

Done ✅