App stopped connecting/working on smartphone .

• 15 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m not sure if this has been discussed already.  A few days ago I lost the connection to Sonos on my smart phone..  I restarted the router, and things came back online but then it disappeared again.

If this has happened to you check your Wi-Fi settings on your phone make sure it’s the same as the Wi-Fi setting at your router.

every now and then mine switches to the smart phone instead of the router.🙏🏾  I hope this helps someone

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KD smith 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Do I understand you correctly in that occasionally your speakers are connecting to your phone’s WiFi hotspot? If so, I recommend you go to Settings » System » Network » Manage Networks and then tap your phone’s hotspot name to remove it from Sonos.

Or, if your hotspot has the same credentials as your main WiFi, I recommend you change these, or get into the habit of disabling your hotspot when at home.

If I’ve misunderstood, however, I think you may need to reword your advice a little before it’s likely to be of help to other users.

I hope this helps.