Windows 10 compatibility?

Userlevel 1
Badge
Is the Sonos controller Windows app compatible with Windows 10?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Yeah, a "free" app, with ads and in-app purchases.

So pay for it if it solves your problems. Software won't develop itself.

That said, had a quick play with Zonos. Found the UI a bit confusing (library browse is under "search"). And noticed they haven't improved on the queue/playback confusion of the official controller. On Zonos, browsing to an album and selecting "Play All" (which should clear expired queue and play) does a Sonos "Play Next" (insert selection into expired queue), which is a feature that I assume no one wants.

Plenty of opportunities for a third-party controller to improve on the windows desktop experience, but Zonos isn't there yet.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
There are many other options, including my apps. The behavior of Play All that so offends you is the same in every app, with good reason. However the queue model makes little sense in a voice environment, so my alexa skill always clears the queue when playing something new which sounds like is what you desire.
Meow! Mention another 3rd party app and the claws (as well as the Spam) come out.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
There are many other options, including my apps. The behavior of Play All that so offends you is the same in every app, with good reason. However the queue model makes little sense in a voice environment, so my alexa skill always clears the queue when playing something new which sounds like is what you desire.

I'm assuming this comment is directed at me and my highlighting of a missed opportunity, so why not... Yes, I do hate the stupid unintuitive has-no-reason-to-exist "play next" behaviour of the Sonos app (as opposed to "play all" which is just fine). I pointed out a single example where a 3rd-party controller deviates from Sonos and has "play all" perform a "play next"-style "insert into dead queue". Whether 3rd-party controllers should seek to improve on the Sonos UX, or merely replicate it, is worth considering though...