The Hot Mess of this Community Forum for Feature Feedback/Request/Voting

• 15 January 2018
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
So, after having my own recent issue be pretty much ignored by Sonos, and slightly poo-poo'd by jgatie (no offence taken), I just can't find ANYTHING that remotely resembles a functioning feedback loop for Sonos. This open wound was stinging with much salt poured into it after visiting CES 2018, of which Sonos is going to get their a$$ handed to them if they don't really listen to their customer base soon, and innovate from the suggestions of people that ACTUALLY use their products. I saw the start of it last year, but it's really picking up steam with everyone getting integrated, with a bar, Alexa, etc. etc.

I know Chris has tried his hand at a voting thread here (https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/wishlist-for-sonos-controller-improvements-6730862/index1.html#post15967003) but it's a hot mess, non-accountable and disorganized. I have no idea what they are working on, what is most wanted, etc. This isn't a slur to Chris by any means and I appreciate what he's trying to do - it's just what it is here for him to work with and let's be honest - it just sucks.

As I say to my people, "You can't come in and b!t*h about a problem unless you bring alternatives, information or a possible solution..." So, here it is (Disclaimer - I don't work or get any money from ProductBoard, it's just one of the better options that does what I'm suggesting):

Problem statement post from them I mostly agree with...
https://blog.productboard.com/validate-ideas-share-your-plans-and-celebrate-what-youve-launched-9912723ff71e

Example Portal:
https://portal.productboard.com/pb/tabs/7-under-consideration

This would be AWESOME in terms of knowing (from a glance, not TLDR of 267 replies on Chris' topic) what the Sonos team sees as important, delivery, rating from the community, etc. Make the suggestion request requirments that they actually own a Sonos unit (they already have that information with our Profile). It would keep the tire-kickers and distractors at bay somewhat, leaving mostly those that have a "dog in the hunt."

This is SO needed here or the upstarts that DO listen and are agile enough to implement (well) the desired feature sets and integration, will eat their lunch.

Can we get some momentum/interest here?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Very true
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Let's keep this about the forum and suggestions about how to make improvements please. There's no need to take antagonize anyone here, for any reason.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
If you are going to apply special rules to this thread at least have clean hands and delete the original "antagonism". Or as jgatie says "should I look at the source":8
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If you are going to apply special rules to this thread at least have clean hands and delete the original "antagonism". Or as jgatie says "should I look at the source":8
Works for me, though this thread doesn't have any special rules that every other one should also have. It's been cleaned up. Let's go with how it reads now and just all be friends. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge
Since my post was removed I am leaving this forum for good. It's sad that my post is deleted yet others who actually call people names are not. That says enough to me about what is going on here. Goodbye all and keep enjoying the music and your Sonos systems.

Read this before it goes *poof* also.

Steve