Answered

CR100 Controller wont connect

• 5 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
I have 1 x CR100 and 3 x ZP100. 2 x ZP100 are connected via WM:0 and 1 is wireless. They all show as WM:0 on diag.

I did a factory reset on my CR100 and tried to connect it to both of the wired ZP100s. When I press the Mute/Vol+ on the ZP100 the controller shows connecting but after a few minutes it says:
"This controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)"

I know it sees the system because it shows waiting for mute/vol+ and when I press it on the ZP100 it switches to connecting. It just wont connect.

CR100 :
Version : 4.3.2 (build 25133280)
HW Ver: 1.2.3.2-1

Diag from PC app ref# : 7804230

Thanks for any help.
icon

Best answer by derekaldridge 5 September 2017, 15:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You're going to need to contact Sonos and schedule someone to manually connect and possibly update the controllers. I just got off of a call to get mine connected; one went off without a hitch and was able to update without intervention once it was connected, the other one required the technician to manually update it.
Userlevel 2
I wish they would just post the steps to manually do it.
I wish they would just post the steps to manually do it.

That's the thing, you cannot do it manually. They need to push the update to the unit and that requires intervention on their end.