CR100 compensation - TIME LIMIT UNFAIR

• 9 February 2018
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
I love the CR100. Please keep it.
But I applied for my voucher thinking ...OK. They are trying to compensate for the hundreds we spent. I have 2 active CR100’s and I sent them the serial numbers. I’ve got ONE voucher.
And I need to spend it within 6 months.

NO SONOS. That’s NOT fair.
I don’t uave an immediate need for a new Play1 or whatever. I’ve got sonos devices all over the house. Please extend the time limit to at least one year.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Folks discussing this in the "Save the CR100" thread have been getting a voucher for each CR100 they own. How is it you did not get the same deal?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I have only seen one person claim they have got more than one voucher

Sonos are saying one per household

I have five cr100 so would love more than one voucher as I will buy more Sonos items
Call them. Some have gotten one per device, others have been limited. I only had one so I can't say. Please report back.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Call them. Some have gotten one per device, others have been limited. I only had one so I can't say. Please report back.

i did they wont budge got 4 cr100's and will only supply one voucher

and now my cr200 has started to play up 🙂
Userlevel 1
My experience with the CR100 voucher scheme has been a bit up and down - first I sent an email complaining about the whole CR100 situation as I have 8 of them! Got a fob off email first and then complained and got £100 per controller - £800 total but the whole voucher scheme is a bit dodgy - I was told that if they expired I could contact them and have them renewed - anyway found out that you can only use one voucher at a time to purchase - I got 1 @ £500 and 1 @£300
Tried to use the voucher and found that It will not work unless I spend over the voucher value!! So be wary and try to manage your spending carefully - Still I was appreciative of the gesture from Sonos - despite their attempt to brick my controllers
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
My experience with the CR100 voucher scheme has been a bit up and down - first I sent an email complaining about the whole CR100 situation as I have 8 of them! Got a fob off email first and then complained and got £100 per controller - £800 total but the whole voucher scheme is a bit dodgy - I was told that if they expired I could contact them and have them renewed - anyway found out that you can only use one voucher at a time to purchase - I got 1 @ £500 and 1 @£300
Tried to use the voucher and found that It will not work unless I spend over the voucher value!! So be wary and try to manage your spending carefully - Still I was appreciative of the gesture from Sonos - despite their attempt to brick my controllers

the whole way sonos handled this was a disgrace

I had 4 registered cr100 and only got one voucher

and tried many times and they would not budge

even used their so called claim page and you dont even get a reply saying sorry this cant be used

now I find out they have given in and are giving one voucher per cr100

so why not contact the registered users and explain this to them
Userlevel 2
Badge
Being a busy sort of person I didn't get round to applying until the last minute. Flexible, no way! Love the insincere reply "Once more, we do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope you will remain with the Sonos family moving forward". And no, you can't have a voucher.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If they wouldn't give you one voucher per unit on phone I would PM Ryan (he replied earlier on this thread) and ask if they did something incorrect. He will research and make sure Sonos has done the right thing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
… and I think this thread was referring to the 6 month expiration date of the voucher itself.
Being a busy sort of person I didn't get round to applying until the last minute.

I obviously don't know you or anything of that nature, and I mean absolutely no disrespect by this, but I'm going to use that line next time I procrastinate.

Flexible, no way! Love the insincere reply "Once more, we do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope you will remain with the Sonos family moving forward". And no, you can't have a voucher.

I'm not seeing how that statement is insincere. If you're having trouble getting vouchers, I'd recommend as Chris said and contact Ryan.

Also, I understand why it would be great for customers if Sonos just left this promotion on indefinitely, but clearly the promoation does come at a cost, and I don't just mean the cost of the voucher. They do have to divert resources to run the program, and as long as there are potential vouchers that could be turned it, it probably shows up as a liability on the books. If Sonos is planning on going public soon as has been rumored, that probably isn't something investors want to see on the books for very long. I am purely speculating and have no idea what the total cost is. The point is, if there were not good reasons for ending the program on July 1 (I think that's the date), then I would think they would have extended it.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
problem is Ryan cannot help to much as he can only pass details onto the service/sales staff who appear to be singing off different hymm sheets :-)

Being a busy sort of person I didn't get round to applying until the last minute.

I obviously don't know you or anything of that nature, and I mean absolutely no disrespect by this, but I'm going to use that line next time I procrastinate.

Flexible, no way! Love the insincere reply "Once more, we do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we hope you will remain with the Sonos family moving forward". And no, you can't have a voucher.

I'm not seeing how that statement is insincere. If you're having trouble getting vouchers, I'd recommend as Chris said and contact Ryan.

Also, I understand why it would be great for customers if Sonos just left this promotion on indefinitely, but clearly the promoation does come at a cost, and I don't just mean the cost of the voucher. They do have to divert resources to run the program, and as long as there are potential vouchers that could be turned it, it probably shows up as a liability on the books. If Sonos is planning on going public soon as has been rumored, that probably isn't something investors want to see on the books for very long. I am purely speculating and have no idea what the total cost is. The point is, if there were not good reasons for ending the program on July 1 (I think that's the date), then I would think they would have extended it.