ALARMS: Add a "Snooze" Feature! :)

• 3 November 2012
  • 54 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
It would be great if a snooze button was added to the great alarms feature in Sonos!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

54 replies

As a potential buyer of your product, I agree. I'm willing to try it out, but my Play 5 is intended to also be an alarm clock. If it doesn't work as such, then I will likely return it. Also, if you're discontinuing the proprietary remote, which DOES have this feature, then I do think it's imperative that the software versions have it.
Userlevel 1
I would agree that especially with the Sonos CR being discontinued, it becomes important to add the 'Show Clock' and 'Snooze' features to the software controllers.
Userlevel 1
Absolutely. I use the alarm all the time - so frustrating not being able to snooze.
Userlevel 1
The snooze button would need to be added to the widget for the lock screen, so you wouldn't need to unlock your phone to snooze it (on android of course - iphone users don't have widgets!)
I've got my PLAY:3 on my bedside table. It'd be great if there was an option in the controller to turn the physical mute button on the speaker into a snooze button during alarms.
I think they should allow an option on the setup of the alarm to use the mute button as a snooze button. It is not good enough to have the snooze button tied to the phone - since the phone is not needed for the alarm to work once it is set up, Even better on the control of the alarm, allow escalating volume after each snooze. These would be advanced options in the alarm setup.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Mute as a snooze button - not sure if it's possible, but a simple and great idea. However, sometimes I need the mute to mute, so it doesnt wake my wife up, so an option in the alarm setup screen to set the button as mute/off/snooze for that specific alarm would be great for me. That way, my 5 oclock weekday alarm can be set as an off, and my weekend 8 oclock alarms can be set as a snooze. (actually not sure I would ever use the current mute option, but at least we'd have the option!!!)
I agree a mute button for snooze would be great!
Userlevel 3
I agree with the snooze feature. Maybe not a button...but I'd take a soft button in the app
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Snooze plus mute button as physical snooze button would be great!
Come on guys, an alarm without a snooze feature is just horrible. https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/customize_physical_button_actions_during_alarms https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/iphone_app_alarm_snooze https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/alarm_snooze_option https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/idea_for_a_snooze_bar_use_the_mute_button https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/stop_alarm_on_device_by_pressing_any_button_on_device_inc_all_products_except_sub I'm sure more people want this than have taken the time to find this site and request /comment on it. I mean, it's just such a basic feature, you could forgive anybody for expecting it to be included by default, long ago. I also think that there are quite complex / awesome things that could be done with alarms, but please, just give us a basic snooze to start with, pretty please 🙂 I really want to make more use of my system, and this would ensure it gets used pretty much every day without fail. Thanks 🙂
Agree with this! I'm migrating from a Squeezebox Boom, and used the snooze every day. +1 on repurposing the mute button, but I might add that it'd be even better if the volume and mute buttons would serve as a snooze during an alarm. it's hard to hit a small button when drowsy... 😉
so annoying to wake up, open my sonos app, and set my alarm for 10 minutes in the future. that would be the definition of what SNOOZE does.
I hope people from Sonos are reading this. If the alarm/snooze feature were added, I would buy another play5 to replace our clock radio.
Userlevel 1
Badge
It's great hardware, most people love it, but in the grand scheme of things, how much investment is a software change - relatively speaking? There are loads of things that could be done with the Sonos kit to suit everyone, if only the software allowed it. I just hope Sonos are reading all these forums, and realise how easy it would be to broaden their market, build their fan base and more importantly stay ahead of the competition in what functions their hardware can be used for. Stay ahead of the game - listen! I think the kit is great and we have had regular app updates, so no real complaints from me, but perhaps (but who am I to comment) they need to tweak their strategy to develop and move forward in all areas, software and hardware alike. Sonos had the competitive edge with the hardware and wireless music system, now they need to stay ahead of the game by making sure the user interface and functionality keeps them there. e.g. the mute button as a snooze during alarms.
Come on Sonos, how far are you from solve this problem I'd love to buy a Play 1 but not before this been solved
As support for the stand alone Controls continues to erode, you really need to put Snooze for Alarms in to the App versions.  I submitted a support ticket about this when I read the release notes for the Play:1 software update and the response I got was to post here because, "This [forum] is the area Sonos looks to when conscidering [sic] adding new features and products." I hope that is true and that you are getting the message.  I paid a silly amount of money to someone on eBay to get a Control just for that button.  It's a valuable feature.  Please put it in the App software.  I don't care if I have to unlock my phone before I can hit snooze, although it would be nice for you to figure a way around that.  If that's what you're waiting for, though, realize that many people will have an older device they can re-purpose as a dedicated Sonos remote (I did that with an old iPhone that had a broken power button, works great as a dedicated remote) that they can keep unlocked and running the App.  Even if they don't already have something like that, a suitable 3rd or 4th generation iPod touch can be had on eBay for a lot less than a CR200.  Could someone from Sonos please respond here and explain why is this so difficult?  What are we missing here?
I have found a "work around" for the lack of a snooze feature.  I can set several alarms 10 minutes apart.  When the first goes off, if I hit the MUTE button, then 10 minutes later it comes on again.  This is pretty much what we want without having to use the phone.  There are a couple of downsides.  

These is no alarm off function without using the phone.
With a regular alarm if you listen to it for a few minutes you still get the 10 minutes (of however long the snooze is) of snooze, with this it comes back on at a set time.

So after I try this for a bit with a Play5 that I have, I might get the Play1 as an alarm clock.
Agree with the need for a snooze option. Would actually love a Sonos alarm clock speaker
After using this for a couple of weeks, it does work pretty well.  Radio reception is very bad in this area so I am very pleased to use the Sonos, much more pleasant than the static I get from the clock radio.
Guys, get real! Get the snooze button in there! 
Please add a snooze feature on one of the hardware buttons. Just bought a play:1 specifically for the bedroom and considering returning it now. Bit crafty advertising an alarm feature without one of the basic features of an alarm! 
Another similiar idea: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/stop_alarm_without_using_the_controller
Please add a snooze function. This was in the original controller and now is a missing feature. The logic should be if the alarm playing, short press mute button = snooze, long press mute = cancel alarm.
Let the user configure the snooze duration in the alarm setting and also if possible allow customisation of short/long press actions.
Good morning. Welcome to the first post in a series of Snoozlets. These posts will be about my adventures trying to quiet my Sonos system in the absence of a snooze function, and generally written immediately after I've had a difficult time trying to quiet my Sonos system during my bleary-eyed first few moments post-slumber.

This morning, my Sonos alarm functioned as expected (albeit earlier than I wanted, as the overall alarm interface really isn't that intuitive). I tried to reach for my phone to silence it, but knocked it to the floor. My foot became entangled in my sheet as I got up from bed to reach for my Sonos 3 and press the mute button, and I tripped. I was uninjured. I stood up and was able to silence my Sonos without further event. I am hopeful my overall day will be better.

Idea: Light up my phone along with my alarm, and have a snooze feature. Understand that when first waking up, I am an incoherent fool. I cannot navigate simple logic, nevertheless a series of menus to adjust my alarm, effecting the equivalent of a snooze.

I love my Sonos system. The complex technology of synchronizing the delivery of high fidelity audio across my house with ease. I am sincere when I share my love for this product. However, the lack of a snooze function allows me to fault you on a daily basis, and places you at the epicenter of responsibility for a difficult beginning to my day.

Sonos, add a snooze function.