YouTube issues

• 24 November 2020
  • 32 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

SONOS,

YOUTube music worked just fine over Google Voice Assist (e.g. "Hey Google, Play Relaxing Jazz Misic")  for me without any special "subscription" for the last year or so. My products are all S2 compliant, except the Sonos Bridge. So...I think to myself off the back of your marketing push.....let's upgrade to a Sonos Boost and the "better" S2 App. So...in March 2021 I upgrade to a Boost and S2. BOOM! CRASH! BANG! SONOS & Google Voice Assist for voice command such as "Hey Google, Play Relaxing Jazz Misic" no longer work!!! No matter what I do to uninstall, re install, enable accounts, etc, etc, engage SONOS support, etc....it does not work anymore! Thanks for nothing SONOS team! Please get this sorted out! I can use voice command on my Android phone to play music from YouTube (no special subscription!), but no longer on SONOS! WOW....THATS POOR!

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tobcha.

Thanks for reaching out, let me assist you with this.

May I know what subscription level you signed up for YouTube Music?

You may check this article about YouTube Music and Sonos for more information.

To better understand what’s happening, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number so I can review your system to see if there’s anything that might cause this problem.

Let me know how it goes.

I have Premium

You wish my confirmation number?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @tobcha.

Thanks for your response and for sending the diagnostics.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, a possible IP address conflict on ‘Lounge R” was detected by the system, but now, based on the recent report, there’s NO more issue or error found on your system.

It’s possible that a reboot was done on the router that resolves the conflict, but if not, you may need to reserve an unused IP address for the Sonos player. Make sure you choose an IP address that is within the router's DHCP scope and does not already show up as assigned to another device. You will need to reboot the Sonos player so that it will receive its new IP address. 

If the issue still persists, please submit a new diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number so I can check further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @DasClay.

Thanks for reaching out, we’d be glad to help.

As of the moment, checking on the music service status page, it shows that there’s no ongoing issue with Youtube Music and it must be fully operational.

To check some data from your system, please send in a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue is happening and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.