Answered

WXPN Stopped Working on Sonos

• 27 November 2021
  • 27 replies

Badge

This is an odd one.  I have listened to WXPN (U of Penn, Philadelphia) on Sonos for years.  Last week it stopped working on Sonos.  I am running S1with a variety of legacy and new gear.  

• When I start WXPN through TuneIn on a zone, the stream immediately flips from PLAYING back to STOPPED - every time I click PLAY it immediately flips to STOP
  • Other stations work fine through TuneIn - WXPN is the only one with an issue (that I have found)
  • Even sister stream XPN2 still plays on Sonos through TuneIn
  • I went to a friend and saw the same behavior (also running S1)
  • WXPN plays perfectly through the TuneIn iPhone app (not is Sonos)

I spent an hour on the phone with Sonos support (before our connection dropped)

• Running diagnostics (even run while trying to start WXPN repeatedly) the rep saw nothing odd that indicated an issue
  • We tested WXPN through (Sonos) TuneIn, Sonos Radio and (Sonos Radio.Net) - all had the same behavior - clicking PLAY immediately flipped to STOP; all other radio stations through all 3 Sonos portals worked fine
  • Rebooted FiOS Modem and all Sonos Zones, same behavior persisted across (Sonos) TuneIn, Sonos Radio, Radio.net
  • When my phone connection dropped, the rep suggested I create an S2 network with  one piece of gear (Play:3) to see if the problem is an S1 issue - when the call dropped I gave up for the night (and didn’t create an S2 network)
  • Before he dropped the rep said he would submit a ticket to the tech team listing a problem with WXPN, I need to call back and follow up

Anyone have any insights or advice?  Could someone running S2 try to play WXPN and see if it works?

Big thanks.

Jeff

icon

Best answer by jtc456 29 November 2021, 19:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It's working for me on my Tuner just now.

Badge

It is for me too today