Wireless range extender

• 19 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a long house, that is covered with multiple starlink mesh nodes. In most rooms I have S1 speakers throughout the house with a larger set up in the living room. No speakers are wire connected.

When I try group all speakers, I'm presented with the “Wireless range extender” error. 

Wireless range extender Some Sonos products are using the WiFi from a range extender device. If you include one of these in a room group, you won't be able to play music in that group. To ensure playback in all grouped rooms, you'll need to permanently wire a Sonos product to your router.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes, didn’t happen on my last mesh (Google), but with new Starlink I’m Having the same problem, and don’t want to buy a whole new mesh network if it’s not necessary. 

anyone figure out if there’s a workaround? 

TMS

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d suggest searching Starlink here, it comes up from time to time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What’s your question?

@106rallye, sorry I was a little trigger-happy posting. Why is it happening and how to stop it happening.