Skip to main content
Question

why the new app is a big *

• 1 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I never seen an update of something which worked very well to become the worst app !

Alarm removed, increase or decrease volume doesn’t work correctly, one minute to change the radio….

this update was done to torpedo this service !

RIP Sonos

*Moderator Note: Modified subject in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I would agree that the transfer to the new app was a disaster. If Sonos would have been transparent about the impossibilities of having two S2-app, would have been open about missing feautures and would have published a timeline of their reappearance this would not have been so bad. Explaining to people the need to ad TuneIn as a music service would have been nice too.

Instead Sonos chose to build an avalanche of PR blurb without acknowledging the few disadvantages of the new app, disappointing current customers. I trust this will end alright, but Sonos needs to think about their PR strategy. Make use of the loyal customer base instead of alienating them.

Sonos has published a timeline, but only after the backlash: