Skip to main content
Question

Why Sonos update stops playing after 1 song

Since the app update, I can only get Sonos to play one song at a time.

Example: head to my tracks in my collection on tidal, select a track, it plays the song and then stops. It used to carry on playing through the list.

Example 2: Search for a song or an artist, find a playlist, head to that playlist, select a song to start from and it plays the song but no more after.

It used to just carry on playing.

Even when you go to artist radio or song radio from another area, The same thing happens.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

29 replies

Also having the same issue. I had no issue before the update and now my playlist, top songs etc play one song at a time. 

Badge

Having the same issue as above users. Luckily I use Tidal and use Tidal connect to get around the issue. But why should I have to use two apps to play music! Come on SONOS!!!

I have similar issue, playback stops suddently after 2/3 minutes (not after the song is over); while using the TV the sound stops as well after some minutes, i can reconnect it but it just stops again

I encountered the same problem. Please Sonos, fix this.

https://en.community.sonos.com/ask-a-question-228987/playing-all-tracks-of-my-tidal-collection-6893947

Badge

I’ve had the issue where, on grouping a new speaker in, it seems to restart the cue for Apple, local files and my curated Sonos playlists. 

to replicate, start a playlist, 3 songs in group a new speaker, one speaker plays the first song, the original speaker plays for 20sec (cache?) then restarts the playlist in sync with new soeaket

I’m experiencing the same issue.  Playlist only plays one song on repeat, and the same happens with Apple radio/playlists.  This is super annoying.  The new app now always defaults to our TV speaker, even when I change to the other speakers in the house.  Very unhappy with the new app.

Userlevel 2

I have the same issue (amongst many others).

Instead of constantly spamming people promoting their new headphones which let’s face it, are just another pair of wireless headphones (they don’t integrate with the Sonos system which is what everyone expected & wanted) they should concentrate their efforts on either fixing this dreadful app or rolling back to the previous version whilst they fix all of the issues.

I have the same issue (amongst many others).

Instead of constantly spamming people promoting their new headphones which let’s face it, are just another pair of wireless headphones (they don’t integrate with the Sonos system which is what everyone expected & wanted) they should concentrate their efforts on either fixing this dreadful app or rolling back to the previous version whilst they fix all of the issues.

New app is a #POS   

Place of Sale?

Hi, I’m experiencing the same behaviour with Deezer…

same happens when searching for an artist and selecting Top tracks

also search on Deezer often doesn’t show all results ( entire albums not shown while going through a specific song can get you to the full album)

Have same problem on Soundcloud. Any solutions?

I haven't seen any solutions or updates. My app is overall terrible. One song at a time or refuses to play any playlist. I use mostly Amazon music. 

I am having the same problem: from an artist Top Tracks it will play only one track, and not continue to the next.

However; if playing a Genre Playlist, then it will play the next track automatically and so on.

This appears to be a software issue with the latest update, and is a significant problem as a Streaming service should “Stream” the next track automatically!  Why hasn’t Sonos corrected this?

Same, I’ve tried everything. Junk

Same issue, started 10 days ago we had our Internet provider reboot everything and our system is fine. Let me know if anyone finds a solution for this. Thanks.

The only thing that I have found that works is using Sonos as the voice assistance. It’s obviously a Alexa/ Sonos issue. Super shady on Sonos’s part!

Oh yeah, I am really trying hard not to throw all of  it in the trash. I’ve spent countless hours screwing with it. It is definitely their app and they know it. 60 min wait for tech support. When the mighty fall! Speakers keep disconnecting and I have to unplug them to reset. Ps , the app is junk. Keep it simple stupid!

Same problem here

Steps Tried

-Factory Recovery -same issue

-Delete Application and redownloaded -same issue

Note:

I also lost a lot control on my automation system after troubleshooting it appears to be related to the latest updates

Same problem here

Steps Tried

-Factory Recovery -same issue

-Delete Application and redownloaded -same issue

Note:

I also lost control on several automation systems - after troubleshooting it appears to be related to the latest updates

I have serval clients that have reported a similar issue. This is unfortunate since I have installed Sonos for several years and highly recommend them to my clients. A few weeks is easy to explain to clients, but several months with this issue has forced us to move to other recommended products. But it appears ripping Sonos out is our best and only solution at this point.

Moderator Note: Removed duplicate post. 

The only thing that I have found that works is using Sonos as the voice assistance. It’s obviously a Alexa/ Sonos issue. Super shady on Sonos’s part!

I tried that and still only played one song from Apple Music. 

So this is an issue that’s been going on for months AND Sono has not published or pushed a fix.  The message from the CEO about the failed update . . . what a joke!  A TIMETABLE OF FIXES??!!!! Roll back to the app which provided the customer experience WE PAID FOR!!!!  

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Same problem here. 

alexa play music

one song plays then nothing. 

Garbage product.  £3000+ spent on a system that is totally useless.  If I could afford to, I’d go back to a hard-wired Surround sound system that worked fine.  Thought I’d up-grade to the latest technology and go ‘Sonos’.  Well, we all make mistakes in life I guess.  Anyone reading this and contemplating going the Sonos route - don’t.

Same issue, Very frustrating.  It’s random.  It will play a song, maybe two, maybe three, who knows then stops.  Or, it will repeat the same song over again.  The only workaround is to verbally specify one song at a time that I want to hear.  For a premium product at this price point, unacceptable.  Sonos, you better do something soon, you are tanking fast.