Answered

Why is there a limit on the number of albums that can be added to "My Sonos"

• 17 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi Guys

I have 56 albums saved to My Sonos... I can't add anymore. Why is there a limit to the number of albums stored in My Sonos? 56 isn't very many... Is there a plan to extend the available slots?

Best wishes

Phil

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 July 2023, 18:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

There isn’t an album limit on My Sonos, but there is an item limit. I believe the limit is 70 items. So if you want to add more albums, you need to delete some of your other favorites (songs, playlists, artists, stations, podcasts) in My Sonos to make room for more albums.

If I had to guess, Sonos allows a limited number of items because the purpose of My Sonos is to have a place in the Sonos app to easily access your favorite music. If they allowed a limit of 200 items, it would clutter the space and make it more difficult to find your favorites. You might as well just use the Search function at this point. Also, I would guess the majority of users don’t need any more than 70 spots.

Badge

I save things to My Sonos so that I can remember them later. If I hear an interesting new artist I add them to My Sonos... if I didn't I'd struggle to remember them next time I wanted to listen…

200 would be better!

Cheers