What happened to Sonos ?

• 29 June 2023
  • 3 replies

I have been a happy customer for ages but what has happened to Sonos functioning in general ?  Why have things become so unstable, especially using the S2 app ?  Sonos not found ..  components dropping out, when trying to use spotify: “

Your previous requests are still pending. Please resubmit this request later. If this message reappears, please contact Sonos Customer Service.”

I hear the same thing from friends (who I recommended to buy Sonos in the past) … being unable to set up their Sonos device, unstable functioning …  

Is it just me or are there other people having the same impression ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Same here. I receive the ame message and am asked to contact Sonos support. 

This whole system.is getting worse every year. 

So, based on other threads, Spotify was having an issue with their servers that feed your Sonos earlier today, which has now been resolved, again, due to these other threads and the information gleaned by clicking on the huge ‘Sonos Real-time Status’ button in this forum.

As to why you appear to be having more issues than before, that sounds suspiciously like a local network issue. Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I have most of the Sonos appliances all over my house, except the Eras which personally I think are ugly, and beginning to regret it, worst having recommended to friends and giving the Roam as gifts. From having to raise the volume level to get the output it used to at a lower level, songs suddenly stop bring heard while the app shows it is still playing, and recently it seems every other song partially plays then skipped. If it is a song i like and was just getting into, it will play if I hit yhe previous song button...so there is nothing wrong with the song! Very disappointing and disappointed...and dem speakers ain't cheap!!