Volume Issue dolby atmos verus HD or ULTRA HD

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

When I stream music with the Sonos App from Amazon Music Unlimited to my Sonos Arc + Sub 3 + 2 ERA 300 surround, the volume increases a lot when a Dolby Atmos track plays. I need to lower the volume for at least 10%. Then when a HD or ULTRA HD track follows I need to come back to the initial volume. For example if the standard volume for a HD or ULTRA HD track would be 20%, the same volume for a Dolby Atmos track would be 10%.

Setting the lecture mode in fading (“fondu enchaîné” in my french app), doesn’t fix the problem.

It’s really annoying !

Does somebody know how to fix it ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’ve called our French assistance. For the moment they don’t know how to fix it 😰

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When I stream music with the Sonos App from Amazon Music Unlimited to my Sonos Arc + Sub 3 + 2 ERA 300 surround, the volume increases a lot when a Dolby Atmos track plays. I need to lower the volume for at least 10%. Then when a HD or ULTRA HD track follows I need to come back to the initial volume. For example if the standard volume for a HD or ULTRA HD track would be 20%, the same volume for a Dolby Atmos track would be 10%.

Setting the lecture mode in fading (“fondu enchaîné” in my french app), doesn’t fix the problem.

It’s really annoying !

Does somebody know how to fix it ?

I know what you mean.  My set up same as yours except I have Sub Mini and Atmos is substantially louder than non Atmos. I use both Apple and Amazon and get same results. I’m new to Sonos and am surprised by how loud the speakers are.