Volume Issue dolby atmos verus HD or ULTRA HD

• 26 April 2023
  • 2 replies

When I stream music with the Sonos App from Amazon Music Unlimited to my Sonos Arc + Sub 3 + 2 ERA 300 surround, the volume increases a lot when a Dolby Atmos track plays. I need to lower the volume for at least 10%. Then when a HD or ULTRA HD track follows I need to come back to the initial volume. For example if the standard volume for a HD or ULTRA HD track would be 20%, the same volume for a Dolby Atmos track would be 10%.

Setting the lecture mode in fading (“fondu enchaîné” in my french app), doesn’t fix the problem.

It’s really annoying !

Does somebody know how to fix it ?

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

When I stream music with the Sonos App from Amazon Music Unlimited to my Sonos Arc + Sub 3 + 2 ERA 300 surround, the volume increases a lot when a Dolby Atmos track plays. I need to lower the volume for at least 10%. Then when a HD or ULTRA HD track follows I need to come back to the initial volume. For example if the standard volume for a HD or ULTRA HD track would be 20%, the same volume for a Dolby Atmos track would be 10%.

Setting the lecture mode in fading (“fondu enchaîné” in my french app), doesn’t fix the problem.

It’s really annoying !

Does somebody know how to fix it ?

I know what you mean.  My set up same as yours except I have Sub Mini and Atmos is substantially louder than non Atmos. I use both Apple and Amazon and get same results. I’m new to Sonos and am surprised by how loud the speakers are.

I’ve called our French assistance. For the moment they don’t know how to fix it 😰