Answered

Unable to play “Sonos Radio” Access denied

• 20 November 2020
  • 35 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

35 replies

Can’t play any radio station at all all of a sudden, 

I get :“Unable to play “Sonos radio” access denied  or “unable to play the radio station” messages despite being logged in and able to play other music via Apple or Tidal without issue, internet connection good etc.

Have logged out and back in and tired from multiple devices, same.

Yep, me too. But (as I think an earlier post has mentioned) I can still play TuneIn stations.

Oh boy, am I fed up with the inconsistencies and lack of support from Sonos. Seems this is a frequent glitch, but there’s no instant chat for a technician to suggest fixes etc. We all pay a premium price for Sonos products and they don’t give a damn about customer service.

Having the same problem since a couple of days. "Re-authorize" works (for now). Nice feature! 

Worked for me too! ANd helped me troubleshoot why other services weren’t working either. Thanks to the community for figuring this out, particularly @dspdon. If only the Sonos support team was better at finding these fixes…!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi  @gebrouwe.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

We will monitor this closely, thanks for you’re feedback.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge

Same issue here, since 13:00 CET.

Badge

Can’t play any radio station at all all of a sudden, 

I get :“Unable to play “Sonos radio” access denied  or “unable to play the radio station” messages despite being logged in and able to play other music via Apple or Tidal without issue, internet connection good etc.

Have logged out and back in and tired from multiple devices, same.

Having this issue right now, Sonos Radio status has a green checkmark next to it though. What gives?

I also have the same issue with Sonos Radio.
But on the other hand tune-in radio is working.

I am experiencing the same issue now (Jan 2022). When selecting a Sonos Radio Station (not a Sonos HD Radio station, just regular Sonos Station), I get “access is denied”.  I can play Amazon and other material, but the majority of what I play is Sonos Radio stations. Any ideas on a solution?  I use Sonos Amp. Not sure that makes mma difference on this.  I logged out of the App, logged back in. 

That’s Jan 2021. Fat fingered that one!

Badge

@dspdon I just unplugged the problematic unit for about a minute and then plugged it back in. That solved the problem for me.