Question

Unable to add Rayo as a connected service

Since the update to the app I am unable to add Rayo back. I just keep getting Something went wrong when trying to add the service. I have been able to add others without issue.

8 replies

I have the same issue, but I don’t think it’s linked with the Sonos update as I have the same problem on my iPhone which I haven’t updated.   My guess it’s a Rayo issue, perhaps they’ve changed the name without telling people again.

My alarm (i.e. playing something from Rayo) stopped working after the app update and when I went to the app, this is when I found out Rayo was no longer playing ball and now I cannot fix as I cannot find timers!!

Hmm. I’ve now tried it on my Mac and Rayo works fine. I can add the service and play stations. There’s obviously something wrong with the new AND old app’s links with Rayo.

Yes it did seem to much of a coincidence. I am getting a friend over later to use their Android phone and install the older app to see if I can fix!

Friend came over earlier than expected and was able to re-set up Rayo on Android using an older APK, however kept getting the same messages as the new iPhone version. Was able to retry and every now and then it would work! Looks like a connectivity issue between Sonos and Rayo. Just the Android is better at forcing a retry.

Can use Rayo through old android phone which hasn’t updated the app, but can’t use on either android phone which has the new updated app.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I have the same issue, cannot add RAYO as a service, just get “Something Went Wrong”, very frustrating.

Seems to be working this morning. I had to remove and then re-add Rayo Player and it’s now OK. They’ve obviously done something behind the scenes as I also had to re-authorise Sonos Radio.