Skip to main content
Question

Trying to access Deezer and it says something went wrong

• 26 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I suspect no easy answer, and I'm done farting around with this new app, but any obvious trick to get access back to Deezer? I rebooted my router, uninstalled Deezer as a service (noting Sonos Radio is a permanent 'feature'), but I still can't access Deezer. I just get the below.

I've given up (for now) trying to add my sub back or figure out how I can maintain access to some of my speakers (I had to unplug them last time to get them to stop playing and didn't feel like getting the ladder out today to plug them back in), but would love to at least get one pair of my Fives to work with Deezer.

Any ideas?

7 replies

I have exactly the same problem, just been onto Sonos tech. For 2 hours and they have no idea, they did say others have the same problem and they are working on an update 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Thanks for the update! I ended up adding a Tidal subscription because I couldn’t get Deezer to load/play. I just checked and still can’t, and your post is the first time I’ve heard (indirectly) from Sonos they’re aware of a problem.

Given the whole S1/S2 thing, and now this … with nothing from Sonos for over a month they’re even aware of, let alone working on, the issue (I was on with Sonos support  who told me I’d have to call back so they could remotely access my system), I’ve decided to move on from Sonos in the mid to long-term.

My surround setup works fine to watch TV (so the Arc, Sub, Eras, etc. are all fine), but I’ve switched modems / service providers, bought a new router, factory reset all speakers, etc. and still can’t play the music service I want, which was the raison d'être for getting Sonos in the first place.

From what I’ve been reading, I’ll probably just trying plugging a WiiM Pro Plus into one of my Fives and then decide whether to keep Tidal or dump it and stick with Deezer if it works. Too much risk of locking so much $ into a single ecosystem I can’t change, have no say in and that has morphed into a marketing company - right down to the fact they make sure the Ace ad in the app works even if nothing else does!

Same issue here, I've had enough. Seriously how much worse can sonos become.

Badge +3

Same thing here.  I love Deezer because you can upload MP3s. But come on Sonos fix the connectivity.

Same problem here too, so frustrating, keep getting the something went wrong message.  
Had Sonos for many years now and it’s sad to see a slow decline in its service. 

I too have exactly the same issue both on my Android mobile and my IOS iPad. Seems like there is an issue really infuriating. I can play the last albums I played but can't choose a new listening play list or anything! This update software is a backward step. Anyone found a workaround? I have submitted a diagnosis ticket but can't find a way of letting them know. Just incase they read this it's *************. 

Moderator edit: Diagnostic number recorded and removed.

Badge

We have deezer family and now the main profile won’t connect but the other profiles are no problem. I am getting really fed up with this sono situation - I have restarted the app as well as re-authorized Deezer.