Temporarily lose speaker in S2 App

• 23 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

My set up is 1 x Play:3 hardwired creating a SonosNet with a number of Play:1/Sonos One dotted around the house.

I have 2 x access points in the house for the S2 controller to connect to (same SSID etc.)

I often get the following situation.  As an example, I’m playing music in the kitchen (this is the only room playing).  I open up the app to stop the music.  The app shows every other room and what was playing - that is you can see the album/radio station image - but the kitchen will be completely blank, so I can’t use the controls to stop the music.

It can take up to 1 minute for the room to “kick in” so I can see the album/station and use the controls to stop the music.

This isn’t restricted to the kitchen, it’s whichever room is playing.

Anyone else seen this issue?  Any idea how to resolve?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

With a mesh network, it’s recommended that the Sonos device that is connected via an ethernet cable is connected to the base network device rather than one of the satellites.  Can you confirm that this is the case? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes, I said the Play:3 is hardwired.  It’s directly connected to the router.  The 2 APs are also connected via ethernet to the router.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes, I said the Play:3 is hardwired.  It’s directly connected to the router.

Thanks.  Your didn’t say what network device the Play:3 was connected to in your original post and so I wanted to check.

Have you reserved any IP addresses in your router?

If not please checkout my post:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for the reply.  No addresses are reserved in the router.  A few devices have static IPs at the upper end of the subnet range to avoid conflicts.

I can’t see any IP conflicts.  Would the issue I’ve posted be symptomatic of IP conflicts?  I thought the speaker would not show or be accessible at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for the reply.  No addresses are reserved in the router.  A few devices have static IPs at the upper end of the subnet range to avoid conflicts.

I can’t see any IP conflicts.  Would the issue I’ve posted be symptomatic of IP conflicts?  I thought the speaker would not show or be accessible at all.

Yes, this is an example of duplicate IP addresses.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks.  I’ll make some changes at the weekend and see if it helps