Answered

System won't update. "Error please try again". (17 times)

• 26 February 2023
  • 7 replies

System won't update. "Error please try again". (17 times). I am using a MacBook Pro with the latest OS.

How do I resolve this?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 February 2023, 16:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Yes downloading the App on MacOS again worked. Thx

The Mac app has never been on the Apple Store, it’s only to be downloaded from Sonos, at the link @buzz provided. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you have a phone or tablet you might try using the Sonos app from there if this happens again.

You can find software here.

Full disclosure: I’m not a Mac user.

Occasionally, I’ll get this on my PC. Rather than try again, I just ignore it and discover that it did update. If the players had not yet updated, I’ll check for updates again and the players will start their update.

I deleted the App on my MBP but can no longer find the App on the App store. Did these guys fall out I wonder. There are third party Apps but why should I pay for these Sonos?

Not really enough information here to be sure, but I’d try a couple of things.

First, delete the app from your Mac. Go to Sonos and download a new copy and install, being sure it ‘connect to existing system’ when prompted. Next, connect an Ethernet cable between your router and one of the Sonos speakers you have (not a Sub or Surround speaker). Give the system a couple of minutes to recognize the change, then try the update process again. If that doesn’t work, try a reboot of your router and try again.

If none of these work, you’re going to need to give us a lot more detail about your system,  so we can help you.