Question

Spotify Skipping Songs halfway through

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Hi @Richard F. 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I tested Channel 1 and got skips again.

I tested channel 6 and was having trouble playing anything from Spotify.

Do you think this highlights any issues, or is this a separate issue altogether?

Diagnostic: 157097215.

Many Thanks, Lee

Because you have one of your Sonos players wired into the router, changing the wireless channel on the router will not affect Sonos. In order to change the wireless channel that Sonos is using, we would need to change the SonosNet channel of the speaker to either 1, or 6. To do that, please follow our article on changing wireless channel in wired setup.

Does this seem to improve the issue?

Hello @Richard F. Thanks so much for getting back to me.

To answer your question about the bedroom speaker. It is on a bedside table with no other electrical items near it. My wife’s phone will be next to it at night, but not when I am experiencing the issue. Since Lockdown, my work laptop is in the same room (at least 10 feet away) and I have experienced the issue both when I am working on the laptop and when the laptop is switched off.

I have watched the video that you recommended which was very informative as I am not very technical. I managed to log into my Sky router and change the Channel to 1 and also changed the Channel on my Sonos app to 11 (the video suggested they should not be on the same channel).

Unfortunately, 3 or 4 songs into the playlist and I had a repeat of the issue. I ran another diagnostic: 1467976091.

Would the best thing to do be keep choosing different Channels until the issue goes away?

The one thing I did notice in the video that might be an issue is that my router is right next to my Play Bar (as they are connected by ethernet). They have always been in the same place though and the issue has only been happening for a couple of weeks.

One thing to note is that it only seems to affect Spotify and my TV and Record Player never cut out.

It might be worth noting the other WiFi devices we have in our house:

• 2 x Samsung Phones
  • 2 x Amazon Kindles
  • 1 x TV
  • 1 x PS4
  • 1 x PS3 (Rarely Used)
  • 2 x Laptops
  • 2 x Amazon Fire TV Sticks
  • We also have a baby monitor that is powered off and rarely used when the issue occurs.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks, Lee

Hello @leeparkers, and welcome to the Community. I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with playing your music. I took a look at that diagnostic you sent us, and I am seeing some strong wireless interference on your speakers. 

This can be caused by multiple sources. If you take a look at our article on reducing wireless interference, you can locate these sources, and help alleviate this issue. It looks like the Bedroom speaker is suffering the most. What is around that speaker?