Answered

Spotify podcast access denied

• 4 January 2023
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to play podcasts from spotify in the Sonos app and all I get is access denied, I can play music without issues but when I try to play podcasts I get the error “Unable to play <podcast episode name> - access is denied.” and if I create a playlist in Spotify with podcasts and view it in the Sonos app all of the podcasts are greyed out  and I can’t play any of them.

I tried to remove the spotify connection in the app and then add it again after a while without luck.

Music and everything else works great and have no issues, this problems only exists with podcasts and Spotify, I’ve tried with the Sonos app on Android and iOS and the problem exists on both platforms.

I’ve sent diagnostics to you: 684919168

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 5 January 2023, 02:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is a user forum, where Sonos staff sometimes visit. If you want a faster reaction to your diagnosis, you better call Sonos.

I too can play all music from Spotify except podcasts. 

Userlevel 7

Podcasts on Spotify cannot be accessed through the Sonos app.

You need to initiate the podcast from the Spotify app, then cast the audio to Sonos.

For what it’s worth, this is a choice made by Spotify, not Sonos. Sonos has no control over what Spotify makes available to Sonos users on the Spotify servers.