Spotify connect volume control broken since ios 17.4 update

• 8 March 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Is anyone else having trouble with the volume slider when using Spotify connect after updating to iOS 17.4? Mine no longer works at all! 

9 replies

Have you checked with Spotify? Sonos doesn’t have access to Spotify’s code base. 

I’m using iOS 17.4 on both iPad and iPhone and use the Spotify ‘free’ version. I just quickly tested this and the Spotify app volume slider and the Sonos App volume slider are both working here when playing to a Sonos Move speaker (called Portable in my system). That’s playback from their App using Spotify ‘direct control’. A screenshot is attached, but just to say that this was just a quick initial test.

I have the same Problem since IOS 17.4.

I have the same Problem since IOS 17.4.

Please see below….

1. On the left of the screen is the Sonos App and the ‘now playing’ screen showing the volume control/level of a Sonos Move called ‘Portable’
  2. On the right of the screen is the Spotify App using a ‘direct control’ link to ‘Portable’ 

I just simply adjust the volume control for ‘Portable’ in the Spotify App and as you can (hopefully) see the volume level of that speaker is adjusting and the Sonos App also reflects the change in volume.

This is on an iPad running iOS 17.4 - I’ve just used this device to demonstrate it is working, but if you’re experience is different, then I would reboot your router and devices, including speaker(s) and mobile …and if the issue persists after that, then perhaps get in touch with Spotify support staff and supply them with the information required, perhaps include a video of your issue too.

I have the same problem. Also there is a 3-5 second delay between play/pause from when I click the buttons 

I have the same problem. Also there is a 3-5 second delay between play/pause from when I click the buttons 

Such a delay can often be down to the mobile device communicating with your Sonos speaker. Maybe see what happens when both are using the same WiFi band and wireless network access point.

Also, if relevant, close any other Apps on the mobile and check that any security software like VPN, Firewall, Antivirus, WiFi Calling, Dial Assist, Private network address (MAC address spoofing), or mobile data access by the Sonos App is perhaps not getting in the way of that communication.

In addition to that excellent advice, it also may be worth reading the wifi interference FAQ. 

Same problem here on iPhone 14 Pro Mac on latest iOS. Volume slider is not working on either Spotify or in the Sonos app.  We tried on different devices and non is working.  

So you suggest to reinstall our system? It is always such a hassle and takes long time with all devices. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Same problem here on iPhone 14 Pro Mac on latest iOS. Volume slider is not working on either Spotify or in the Sonos app.  We tried on different devices and non is working.  

So you suggest to reinstall our system? It is always such a hassle and takes long time with all devices. 

Do NOT factory reset anything, that will be a total waste of your time.

I am also skeptical that an app re-install will do anything for this issue.

Have you tried my iOS app (“Phonos Plus”)? If its volume control doesn’t work either than that is an iOS problem as I share no code with Spotify or Sonos apps.