Answered

speaker not found on app when I leave wireless network and return

• 16 October 2023
  • 3 replies

The Sonos app is on my phone. Once I leave my WiFi area and come back the same speaker is always missing from the app - my Arc. If I start up music on other speakers, the Arc will play as well, but it is not seen by the app. I have to unplug it and then sometimes it will be seen again. If not seen, I search for products and then it is found and can be controlled. 

icon

Best answer by aileenkit 31 October 2023, 20:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It sounds like your router is ‘possibly’ having trouble with multicasting ‘device discovery’ between the network segments - If not using Sonosnet, then obviously your Arc is using the 2.4Ghz WiFi band …So by any chance is your mobile device using the routers 5Ghz WiFi band for its connection to the LAN? If so, as a test put your mobile device network connection on the routers 2.4Ghz band and just see if that perhaps improves its discovery of the Arc.

I am not sure of a way to set up a separate 2.4 with my optimum router. I was unaware of Sonosnet. I have looked it up and am going to try that. I will come back and report. Thanks for your insights!!

I have purchased a Sonos Boost and so far, so good. I’ll see how it goes over the next couple of days. Fingers crossed !!