Skip to main content
Question

sonos you have screwed up big time!

• 26 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Okay Sonos you have screwed up bigtime with your new app.  First thing to do is fire the people who created it.  Second thing to do is reinstate the previous app and third thing to do is hire some intelligent software writers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Agreed. I cannot use my system with the new app at all. It will not search any of my streaming services for content. It will not display any of my playlists or saved albums. Half the time it will not load at all.  

Luckily I still have S2 on an old iphone and that works, although it will not reauthorize one of my streaming services. But at least I can access my playlists and one of my streaming services to listen to music. I keep fearing they’ll disable S2 and I’ll be sheet out of luck.

Sonos needs to give us the ability to revert to S2 unless and until it can restore full functionality to the new app. 

I’ve been a Sonos advocate for years and have thousands sunk into Sonos stereo pairs in three rooms, including new Play5s and a sub in one room. It really ticks me off that Sonos released a new app without warning; that the app is a disaster; and that the CEO now seems to be completely unconcerned. He has the temerity to call those of us who have been disabled by this ‘update’ a ‘vocal minority’ who just don’t understand how wonderful it all is.

I’m going to short Sonos stock. A company that screws its customer base this way isn’t going to survive for long. 

Userlevel 1

I am raging the point of Sonos is to  have your music available anywhere in your home not from some * *  streaming service not from * YouTube but from my music library that is sorted on my NAS so what the actual * have you done I am so pissed off with the new app you can’t connect to you own music on your own network oh no you have to use a * internet service Sonos you own us all compensation and you need to roll back to the last version on the app that work else you will see a class action from us your users that you have locked away from there musicget it sorted now 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Okay Sonos you have screwed up bigtime with your new app.  First thing to do is fire the people who created it.  Second thing to do is reinstate the previous app and third thing to do is hire some intelligent software writers.

Okay, leave it with me. 

Everyone should send an email to their CEO Patrick Spence (patrick.spence@sonos.com) and tell him how his people have screwed up Sonos.  If he would like to give us the names of the people in his company who did this we can ensure they won’t get another job anywhere else.  Meanwhile give us back the previous app!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Everyone should send an email to their CEO Patrick Spence (patrick.spence@sonos.com) and tell him how his people have screwed up Sonos.

We’re fairly sure he’s across this. But do drop him a quick line, just in case.

If he would like to give us the names of the people in his company who did this we can ensure they won’t get another job anywhere else. 

You sound very powerful. Are you Ian Linkedin?