Answered

Sonos Wireless HiFi System listed as a user on my computer Windows 11

• 7 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I was in my start menu and hovered over my account name and noticed another account pop up named “Sonos Wireless HiFi System”, I clicked on it, and it just basically logs back in my account. It shows up in windows settings, accounts, other users as well. Using command prompt doing “query users” only my account shows, doing “net user” the sonos one shows but list my account as admin, I am wondering if this is a normal thing, and am guessing it has to do with how the sonos app streams music off my pc to the speaker. Or if is this not normal and I need to do something about it.

other information that may help 

SYMFONISK Bookshelf Speaker 

Sonos OS: S2
Version: 15.6 (build 74043110)
Hardware Version: 1.20.3.3-1.0

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 August 2023, 10:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SilentBass 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

All of the files on your computer have permissions - this is so only authorised users can access the various files on your system. When the Sonos app adds a music folder to be shared with a Sonos system, it adds the Sonos user to your Windows system, and assigns access rights to the music folder. When your Sonos system requests access to a music file for playback, it will identify itself as this Sonos user, and as such, can only possibly access folders with the Sonos user added to the permissions.

The short version of the above is that it’s completely normal.

I hope this helps.

Thanks I was figuring it had to do with something like that, just wanted to make sure.