Answered

Sonos System can‘t be found by new app

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi and PLEASE HELP

Since I updated my Sonos app I‘m not able to connect to my Sonos System.

My wife is still using the version before May 8th and everything runs perfect if I use her iPhone.

so…. My network (WiFi) and all my Sonos Speaker are working. For 100% it is because of the app update.

Is there anyone who can help or @SonosSupport… do you plan to push an update within the next days?

icon

Best answer by DaandeWildt 11 May 2024, 19:59

View original

104 replies

Completely the same issue. iPhone that I updated can’t see the system. iPad which wasn’t updated can see the system. Need to sort this out Sonos

The number of posters on this issue are not a true representation of the real numbers of those affected. It had to be hundreds of thousands. 

Can't use anything in my home sonos system. 

A real response from sonos is needed. 

With a response it may stop all of their customers from fruitlessly wasting hours trying to sort there systems out with absolutely no success. 

If its late June for whatever reason then tell us so. 

Same issue here. The system reliability has been steadily decreasing, and I am super unhappy. I updated the app today because my previous app version kept “losing” my system too. The new app sometimes finds some of my speakers (seemingly randomly) and I can now only group 3 or fewer, if the app can find them in the first place … and grouped or not grouped, found or not found, only one speaker puts out content now. The volume and level controls also aren’t working. I also work in the high tech industry so support “advice” is just ridiculonk. Super lame and a huge waste of money. At this point, especially given no response from Sonos, I’m thinking we should be exercising consumer power and buying elsewhere. Any recommendations?

Userlevel 1

The number of posters on this issue are not a true representation of the real numbers of those affected. It had to be hundreds of thousands. 

Can't use anything in my home sonos system. 

A real response from sonos is needed. 

With a response it may stop all of their customers from fruitlessly wasting hours trying to sort there systems out with absolutely no success. 

If its late June for whatever reason then tell us so. 

Perhaps a message should be sent to the California Department of Consumer Affairs? We have all already invested significantly and walking away does not make sense. 

I have the same problem with my move, initially it found it but wouldn’t play, so I tried a factory reset and now it won’t register it to the system.  It is almost as though it can’t join the Wi-Fi net work, I have rebooted the router and nothing has changed.  

I was having the connection problems and, based on comments in this thread, tried  powering down my Boost. Now it seems to be working.

I have the exact same issue... My partner still had the old version of the app and could control the system, meanwhile it shows the system as not found in the new app on my phone…

I tried resetting one of the speakers, which was successful after some tinkering, but it doesn't show up in the app anymore. As an aside: the process of adding a speaker to the system has gotten more and more ridiculous over the years... From simply adding to having a PIN chimed and now also pressing buttons? Come on...

When I go to "About my system" in settings of the app, it shows all my products in the network (their IP, FW- & HW-version and serial numbers) im text form, but none of them are available for playback…

In the meantime, my partner updated their app as well, and we have no control over the system anymore as we still have Play:1s and 3s, so no Bluetooth…

This is just really pathetic from Sonos at this point and I'm seriously considering throwing all Sonos products away and switching to a better, more reliable system. We've had Sonos speakers for around 10 years now, and were mostly happy. I was even thinking of upgrading my system a bit. Needless to say, we won't be doing that...

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m still completely unable to use the app or connect any of my speakers. And nothing from Sonos, no statement or anything. WTF is happening

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi and PLEASE HELP

My wife is still using the version before May 8th and everything runs perfect if I use her iPhone.

so…. My network (WiFi) and all my Sonos Speaker are working. For 100% it is because of the app update.

Is there anyone who can help or @SonosSupport… do you plan to push an update within the next days?

UPDATE!!!

I just installed the App update Sonos pushed today… PROBLEM SOLVED. All my speakers are back in the game and visible in the new app… + they are able to play music..😅 unbelievable!!!

The update in the last day fixed it for me as well! About damned time!

Same and disgraceful. Updated the app and none of my four sonos products work. Just sized my media wall pocket for the arc too but that may change. 
come back bose all is forgiven. 

I join all those who are not working despite having installed the new version 80.01.11 released 1 hour ago.
Currently three products are detected in one room (Beam and 2x One SL as surrounds) while the other three (Arc and the 2x Ones of surrounds) in the other room are not detected.

Userlevel 1

Hi and PLEASE HELP

At long last, the new app has found my network and products. Required deleting the last app version and downloading the new one. Hope everyone else finds a fix soon. 

Hi and PLEASE HELP

At long last, the new app has found my network and products. Required deleting the last app version and downloading the new one. Hope everyone else finds a fix soon. 

I have already done this but nothing has changed.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Nothing has changed for me either. All that is new is there’s now an option to connect to headphones

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

My issue seems to be my sub gen 3.  Maybe try unplugging your sub and see how the system responds.

Userlevel 2

So it appears that the fault lies in the App update.

i sent an email to the CEO Patrick outlining the problems I have encountered with continually needing to reconnect the system. I started using Airplay to work around these issues. I have 2 speakers, a One and a Move.. And now, only the Move will Airplay. 
In the letter from Support, not the CEO Patrick, they suggested I make sure all the speakers are updated. The funny thing is You cannot update unless the system is connected and the system won’t connect so what is that all about? When logging out of the app and logging back in it will say update the app and then I get caught in a loop between the app and the account never ever getting to the point where anything works.

This is so very frustrating and unacceptable. I have owned Sonos products for almost a decade and at one time I had 2 Ones, a Three, and a Five, plus the One and the Move I currently own. But now I am looking at other WiFi Bluetooth speakers as I am ready to ditch Sonos.

It would seem there is a simple solution: roll back the App to a prior build. The current version is crap.

I have the same problem, I spent lot of money on my Sonos system and everything was working great until this new app came out. I did not want this app. I want the old app back.

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 2

Really is a bore…

I run a business. Not a big one, but big enough to have a dozen Play:1 or SYMFONISK units connected together for a customer experience that’s been seamless for 4+ years without interruption.

So when Sonos forces an upgrade any my entire system goes down, what do we do with these exceptionally expensive paperweights? I’m half ready to ditch them all and find a different means.

I’ve also considered them for a door stop or to throw at the next shot put meet. I’m annoyed that the hold time is 3+ hours with no call back on a several-thousands-of-dollars system, with obviously minimal product testing for something that touts itself as the primo solution. Epic failure on whoever greenlit this absurd last week. Give us the old app back, at least! But of course, support is silent.

Userlevel 2

How does a Company not trial, test beta a new App. Soooo mad would never buy Sonos again. 

Hold times are forever as it’s a massive failures.

Same problem.  I’m sitting at my desk in front of my Play5 which is right next to my router which was new this year and it still has trouble finding my system.  It takes quite a while moving around in the app before it finds it.  Would love to go back to the previous version but that’s not an option.  I’ve been a Sonos user since the early 2000’s and this is really bad QA and should have been rolled back.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This is what my app has looked like since it updated, I’ve got 2 brand new era 100’s that I have not been able to use. Thought it would be fixed by now, I’m very frustrated and angry 

Okay, I give up, between trashing my home system and only having one of my two roams work on the road, I'm ready and willing to invest into an entire new system.  

Is Sonos the best we got or is there a better option.  

Hopefully a class action suit will reimburse some of the replacement cost.