Answered

Sonos S1 has suddenly lost my music "The computer [name] cannot be found" whilst in use

• 16 September 2021
  • 30 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Unfortunately, no, there’s no real relationship. In that particular use case, Sonos is using the Galaxy as an NAS, and accessing the music that way. Just gives us confirmation that the Sonos software is working, but not much as to why the speaker is not able to ‘see’ the music on your SSD.  Hopefully, a Sonos rep will be along to look at your diagnostic, and give us more data about exactly why it’s failing. We just need some patience :)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Airgetlam 

By “client files” I’m talking about actual clients - I’m an independent Asset Management consultant (physical assets, not financial assets) - so they’re in the cloud as I cannot have them affected by a PC crash/dying.

Indeed you will, although I’d expect not longer than 24 hours. I think (not 100% sure) that most of the forum moderators are in the EU, so it may be past the end of their day at this point, in which case they’ll catch it in the morning.

I think there’s other moderators that have ability to moderate only, just don’t have access to diagnostics, who work more around the clock, so we’re not inundated by spam posts in the forum. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MDN2020

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your Sonos speaker is attempting to resolve the IP address of your computer and is failing to do so.

I recommend you reboot your router, then reboot the computer, then reboot the Sonos system.

Try updating the music library again, and if it doesn’t work then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team directly, who will assist you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Corry P 

Thanks for the information. Hopefully that will work.

Any idea why this happened?

I’ll have to try this out later as I can’t reboot my PC in the middle of my working day but my concern is this happened without any changes being made at all, just selecting a different album, so will this now happen every time I select a different album or song? That’s clearly not a desirable outcome.