Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Radio "Sticks" On Old station When Switching Stations

• 6 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I have 2 Sonos One speakers and an using the new Sonos app to play radio stations (e.g. NHPR, WNYC). Several times I have noticed that when I change the station (e.g. switch from NHPR to WNYC), the system continues to play the original station (e.g. NHPR). If I switch to a different service (e.g. SiriusXM) and then return to the station I want to hear (e.g. WNYC), then it works as expected. 

Do others have this issue? 

Thanks, 

John

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @JackInBrooklyn 

Thanks for your post! And, apologies for the delay.

Sorry to hear of the issue you are having when changing radio stations. I was unable to reproduce this issue in my own testing, so I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. If you can reproduce the issue and submit a support diagnostic before getting in touch, that will speed up the process a little.

If you haven’t tried just rebooting your speakers (unplug from power for a moment), I recommend you give that a try before calling.

I hope this helps.

Hi there, 

I am still experiencing the same issue. I will send my diagnostics so you can further investigate. It is quite an annoying bug as everytime I start the radio I have to listen to an advertising. The work around is to click on the three dots of the radio channel and choose play radio. Thanks in advance for looking into the issue. Diagnostics number is *********

Regards Jelmer

Moderator edit: diagnostics number recorded and removed

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Corry P ,

I did try rebooting the speakers and that did not help. 

This system is at my mom's house, so I will test again when I visit her again next month. I'll send diagnostics if I experience the problem. 

John

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi there, 

I am still experiencing the same issue. I will send my diagnostics so you can further investigate. It is quite an annoying bug as everytime I start the radio I have to listen to an advertising. The work around is to click on the three dots of the radio channel and choose play radio. Thanks in advance for looking into the issue. Diagnostics number is 512586938

Regards Jelmer

@Jelmer van Ginkel Are you using the Sonos Radio service or TuneIn?

John

@JackInBrooklyn I use bassdrive voor example. This seems to be a TuneIn but via de Sonos Radio service.