Skip to main content
Answered

SONOS not changing channels until requested multiple times

• 15 October 2023
  • 1 reply

It’s been happening since spring this year.  It takes me up to 4 tries to change a channel.  I’m playing tune-in and NPR streaming stations.  Everything worked fine for a few years.  But i have to plan around the non-response of SONOS so consistently that I’m thinking of ditching my 4 speakers for something else.

It’s the same issue as this person - who did not receive a solution so far as I can tell.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mh in jc,

From the thread you’ve linked, one of our users had suggested that this issue may be caused by wireless interference and also suggested to call our support team. However, as the original poster never replied after their initial message, it’s unsure if their issue was resolved or not.

I would recommend the same steps for you, that you follow the advice in our article on reducing wireless interference. You could also attempt changing radio stations with a different controller, such as another phone, tablet, or computer, and see if you still have the same issue.

If reducing interference doesn’t resolve the issue, try restarting your router, speakers, and controller the Sonos app is installed on by powering them off for around 1-2 minutes. 

If the above fails to help, then please reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools available to help troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!