Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos iOS App (80.00.08) cannot search YouTube Music, returning "No results"

Hi,

I have found the new Sonos iOS App (80.00.08) returns a “No results” message for all YouTube Music searches. This same account worked fine in the pervious generation of iOS app and continues to work on the latest MacOS app (16.2). I have tried removing and re-authorizing the YouTube Music service and restarting all the equipment with no luck, and now suspect this is broken.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Are there any fixes?

When will this get fixed?

Thanks,

Graham

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sebjaeg 

No - being unable to play YouTube will be a different issue than being unable to search YouTube.

If a reboot of your router (switch it off for at least 30 seconds) and of your speaker does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

It's not all youtube music tho, it's random albums and artists that won't play. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sebjaeg 

Well, that’s is interesting! Could you please give me multiple examples? I have YouTube Music myself, and would be happy to compare results with you.

Sure, it's mostly children's stories that worked fine before the update:

Conni

Der Kleine Rabe Socke

Die kleine Hummel Bommel

Emmi Mutmachgeschichten

Those are the top ones right off the top of my head.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sebjaeg 

Thanks for those examples! I also had issues playing them - “something went wrong”.

For the first three, however, I was able to tap “Artist Shuffle” and play from there.

I will report this behaviour - thanks for flagging!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sebjaeg 

I reported it and was reminded that we came across this issue some time ago (but with Rage Against the Machine). I can only recommend that you contact YouTube Music directly to report this - if other content plays without issue, then the issue must be theirs to resolve.

I hope they are able to help.

Edit: The Rage Against the Machine issue had different behaviour - I’ve re-reported this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

similar issue here….doesnt look like there is a solution yet? serious bummer! I have music that was uploaded to my youtube music account when i search the album name and or artist name it comes up “no result” if i scroll through in the app under artist or album i can only get to a certain point “A” in the alphabet and it wont go any further this is kinda whack

Userlevel 1
Badge

is there a fix for this yet???? im asking because music in my local library is not accessible and also i cant access it in youtube either because oif this search issue. can i please have access to to my music????

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WoahMahn 

I’ve reported that we’re unable to search content uploaded to YouTube. I was not aware of the issue with scrolling through uploaded Artists, so thanks for flagging - I’ve reported this too.

When scrolling, do you also get to scroll endlessly, but it keeps showing only the first x (100, maybe) number of entries (as I do) , or do you reach the end and can scroll no further, but before you should?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Corry P 

thank you. I appreciate the reply and assist. to answer your question. the scroll bar does go all the way to the bottom, but will, as an example start with artist “AA” and at the bottom be “AL”. the scroll bar reaches bottom and cannot go past.

I am currently setting up plex to access my local library. and was able to find a work around for for air play not connecting to groups. which is open source site ie youtube, deezer etc, turn om air play,  this resolves the search issue for now on youtube since youtube's works.then open sonos app and select the device then open the group in sonos. kind of a clunky third part cluster but it works

“make lemonaid”

Hi,

I have found the new Sonos iOS App (80.00.08) returns a “No results” message for all YouTube Music searches. This same account worked fine in the pervious generation of iOS app and continues to work on the latest MacOS app (16.2). I have tried removing and re-authorizing the YouTube Music service and restarting all the equipment with no luck, and now suspect this is broken.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Are there any fixes?

When will this get fixed?

Thanks,

Graham

^ Are you serious???

What sort of quality control are you *not* doing to test something as SIMPLE as Parental Controls. Is this amateur hour - do you need me to come sort out your QA processing?….insane.

Userlevel 1
Badge

still not working

Userlevel 1
Badge

hah LOL seems sonos is ok outsourcing solutions for the app instead of having their app actually work, this is the second issue where 3rd party solution is only solution,  i bet there a few more i will find in future.  guess i will try to remember to use my desktop when wanting to do playlist things and use air play when i want to search youtube music library because neither one work on the sonos app.

wow ok thanks