Sonos Desktop App for Mac no longer recognizing Sonos system - Any ideas?

• 3 February 2024
  • 3 replies

My Sonos Desktop app for Mac recently stopped recognizing my Sonos system. Since this has happened previously, I just uninstalled the app, reinstalled a new version, but nothing changed. I thought it might be from the most recent Mac OS update, but I don’t believe that’s the case. That said, my Sonos iPhone app still works. Any help troubleshooting would be appreciated. Here is what the Desktop app looks like while music is playing via the iPhone app:

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you running a VPN on your Mac?

Hi @controlav - No, I’m not running a VPN. That said, I have previously in the past (ExpressVPN) and never had an issue, but I haven’t used it in quite some time. 

Badge

UPDATE: I just installed a new app on work computer and by golly it’s working! I bet there was a fix to this in the 3/21/24 update.

-----------

This has happened to me too - Sonos app stopped working on both my work MacBook Pro and my personal Mac Air (both only a few months old).

Sonos was non-functional on my older work computer on and off VPN for a while, but it had worked fine before that for a long time.

[Sidenote: Sonos apps have consistently worked fine on iPhone and iPad.) 

Removing the apps on the computers and reinstalling didn’t work.

PS - it’s annoying because i really prefer to control my Sonos on my work computer whilst i’m working.