Answered

Sonos cannot index USB drive on TP-Link Router

Badge

Is this problem still on the SONOS software team’s bug list to be resolved?  Has any progress been made?

Prior thread below.

Sonos cannot connect to USB drive on TP-Link router

Cannot share USB audio files with SONOS v2 system
Model: TP-Link Archer C8  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20220510 rel.32759(5553)

The USB drive plugged into the Archer C8 shows it is active in the Archer C8 advanced USB settings.  All files are shared with no login required.

The network address is:  \\192.168.1.1\sda1\USB_Music

Windows explorer can find the music files OK and can play them,  but the SONOS v2 system cannot access the music library.

Sonos initially connects to the USB drive at the network address entered, but gives the error message below after about 10 seconds.

I have worked extensively with SONOS customer support, but they were unable to resolve this problem.  SONOS suspects a problem with the TP-Link Archer C8's implementation of SMB1 and/or SMB2 protocols.

I have tried sharing the USB drive with and without user login and password, but neither works.

I just updated this router to the latest version firmware, but that did not resolve this problem.

Any suggestions from other users would be welcomed.

SONOS Error messge below:

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 May 2023, 10:03

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

If folks having issues submit diagnostics and call support the problems would have much more visibility to the folks that decide what gets fixed, compared to community forum posts.

Been there and done that Stanley. It’s apparently not on their “to do” list.

We come to the community to see if others have come up with solutions.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Which app?

TP-Link’s Deco app which works with my router.

Thanks. I couldn’t figure out where such a command existed in Sonos’ controller. Wasn’t sure if something had changed, and I missed it, always a possibility.