Skip to main content
Question

Sonos app shut down by Samsung S24+

Updated sonos app and speakers.

Sonos app shut down by S24+

Uninstalled and re-installed Sonos.

S24+ says app has a bug. Re-install when sonos fixes it. Sonos shut down.

Any ideas please?

And where do I post the question?????

25 replies

Badge

Same problem here. Samsung S24 ultra. Today new sonos or system update.

Sub mini added. App crashed.

Phone says:  Sonos closed because this app has a bug 

????

What the F…. is this?

Must be an Android issue. iOS on iPhone 15 Pro Max having no such issue. Suggest you contact Sonos Tech Support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Updated sonos app and speakers.

Sonos app shut down by S24+

Uninstalled and re-installed Sonos.

S24+ says app has a bug. Re-install when sonos fixes it. Sonos shut down.

Any ideas please?

Confirmed @Mike0000000 and @DFE, app crashes on any Android device after today’s firmware update. Bigtime fingers crossed that this week’s pending mobile app update repairs this.

Badge

Wow, any android device is a big deal.

Thanks for the info.

If you also have a s24 like me, did you phone hear when you play the sound pin when installing  the soundbar or speaker?

Badge

I was only updating not installing. But I didn’t hear anything.

Badge

I added the sub mini to the system, everything ok, then the message: you need to update the system.

After the update, I can't start anymore the application SONOS on the samsung phone s24 ultra.

App still keeps crashing on start. Now I can use my Sonos sound sytem via computer only.

Probably no one knows until when, maybe the PC app will also collapse soon or later.

As written from AjTrek1, it looks like a problem with Android after system update.

The last 2 months Sonos has been useless for me, it's a great shame for the whole Sonos team....

Badge

PC app will also collapse soon or later 

I cannot use sonos on PC now either

Badge

On my PC the latest version 80155014 works fine. But I need cell phone app. I'm not going to turn on my pc all the time when I want to play music at home... 

I recommended sonos to my friends and family. And now I've only listened to complaints…

I'm seriously considering returning my entire Sonos system to the dealer. I don't need a broken home sound system for 3000 EUR.

Cheap camera with an app for 40 euros from aliexpress works better than Sonos for thousands.

The Sonos sound is really amazing, but I'm very disappointed with what has happened in the last 2 months...

I’d venture to say that Sonos is probably aware of the issue with Android. However, to put it on the frontline someone needs to get own a Chat or Call with Sonos Tech Support (STS). In that way it’s goes on record with a case number and may speed up the resolution. Discussing in this community is very low priority in terms of getting results.  Read my post below for insight on contacting STS directly and the benefits thereof.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

However, to put it on the frontline someone needs to get own a Chat or Call with Sonos Tech Support (STS). In that way it’s goes on record with a case number and may speed up the resolution.

Agree completely, I “phoned it in” this morning. That said, one imagines that multiple people reporting an issue helps in these times.

My money is on a problem of release sequencing: today’s v16.3 firmware update was supposed to by coincident with the telegraphed app update, but the former was accidently released before the latter. At least that’s what I’m hoping, cause I’d like to have my Android controller back.

Badge

Tried ringing but 60 minute wait time

Chat doesn’t work

Hopefully they fix this via an update today. 

Badge

When I finally move away from sonos the thing I will miss most is ‘updating your system’

Badge

Yesterday I restarted the network, the sonos app started, it didn't crash.

Then I played a song from the local library (nas).

Sonos app immediately crashed and I can't start it again…

Samsung S24 ultra

Still no update in google play store...

Badge

Todays chat with Sonos:

Thank you very much. We are aware of this issue and our team is working on a fix for this.

Android issues:

• Sonos closed because this app has a bug

• Wait for the developer to fix the bug

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @DFE, here’s the story on the latest snafu …

Badge

Hi @DFE, here’s the story on the latest snafu …

Ya, right, its problem with local libary music....

Badge

Hi again,

A letter from Patrick Spence says:  We plan to continue releasing new software updates on a bi-weekly cadence….

So last update I see Release date: 8/6/2024 (for me useless)….so 2 weeks 8/20/2024….no update…. 8/21/2024 today no update….

I don't know what to think about it. In my opinion, with this pruser an update was supposed to be released every week. But apparently they also have a problem with bi-weekly update cadence.

Fortunately, at least the local library works partially….maybe only until a new update is released.

I'm afraid to make a new update if it comes at all in a short time...

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes, I also mentioned earlier in a post that the update was already a day overdue. In normal conditions, an app update sometime this week would probably be considered two weeks - but these are not normal conditions, so I worry that immediately over-promising and under-delivering will do nothing to quell the fires of ire!

**THAT SAID** - the first update (after announcing the bi-weekly cadence on 25th July) was on 31st July, followed by another on 6th August. So in fact, if they don’t update again until next Weds, that is still  three updates bookending and within a 28-day period, which technically averages out to fortnightly...

Badge
Release date: 8/6/2024

In this update:

This update contains new features for Sonos Ace.

This update is only for Ace user...not for me and other non Ace users...maybe 😀 

I'm still patient.

Badge

This is what Im waiting for:

July and August:

• Improving the stability when adding new products
  • Implementing Music Library configuration, browse, search, and play
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
Release date: 8/6/2024

In this update:

This update contains new features for Sonos Ace.

This update is only for Ace user...not for me and other non Ace users...maybe 😀 

I'm still patient.

Look at the release notes again and you’ll see it started by mentioning Ace, but the update wasn't just for Ace. Only two of the 11 specified updates related to Ace. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is what Im waiting for:

July and August:

• Improving the stability when adding new products
  • Implementing Music Library configuration, browse, search, and play

Those were implemented on 22nd and 31st July. (There may be more Music Library work to come...)

Badge

There may be more Music Library work to come…

that's exactly what I'm interested in, and I'm waiting for it...more of us are waiting