Answered

Sonos app search bug with Youtube Music?

• 20 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Whenever I try to search for “Purified Radio 123” (where 123 is the podcast number, with the current one being 343) within the Sonos app, I get a result from the Youtube Music service but when I click on it, it takes me to the artist’s page (Nora En Pure) which DOES NOT list the episodes.

Youtube Music does have all the episodes when I search from their app. Without being able to use the Amp via bluetooth from phone directly, I cannot stream these episodes. This seems to be an app bug which did not exist with the Bluesound I had prior. Please fix or provide a suggestion.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 March 2023, 20:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m afraid that there isn’t much for Sonos to do here. They hand off the data that you input to the YouTube server, which then responds with data, and Sonos displays, without a filter.

The response is from YouTube. Sonos really isn’t involved, other than the display, and they do little to nothing there. 

I find that hard to believe. The Youtube Music app clearly can find the song and so can Sonos, because it finds it under the correct artist, except it does not display it when clicked. As a developer, this looks like a bug to me.