Sonos app direct control by Plex app not available anymore?

• 26 April 2024
  • 5 replies

I’m having trouble triyng to play music on my Sonos system through the Plex app, it works fine playing music located on my Plex library using the Sonos app but just won’t work the other way around. When I try to do so I get an error message like this in the picture, both on my sonos app for desktop and on the sonos app for iPhone. I’ve been talking to the Sonos call center for support and they tell me Sonos is no longer allowing Plex app to directly control the Sonos app, but can’t find anything related to this on the internet. 

Can anybody help? Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It still works on my system. In Plex on my iPhone I see my usual speaker names and not the string of numbers you see.

Got any ideas to fix my problem? Is there a setting in your sonos app to allow plex direcly control it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Got any ideas to fix my problem? Is there a setting in your sonos app to allow plex direcly control it?

Plex isn’t working at all for me at all, in Sonos app or through Plex amp to Sonos. Remove and re-add the service has been my go to fix , but didn’t fix for me today. But you might want to try it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No setting on the Sonos app. I go to Plex (or Plexamp), choose a song and tap the cast button in the upper right hand corner of my iPhone. I can then pick my Sonos devices from the list.

The Plex service, both via the Plex App and via the Sonos App, is working okay here too.. checked just a few moments ago.