Answered

sonos app crashes as soon as I login to my sonos account

• 4 December 2022
  • 5 replies

sonos app crashes as soon as I login to my sonos account. It has been working well for 3 years, and suddenly it started crashing. The same happens on my wife's phone. We bothe have android phones.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 December 2022, 05:22

View original

5 replies

Might be worth mentioning which version of the Android OS is running on both phones, as well as which Sonos controller (S1 or S2] that you’re trying to run.

There’s no danger of losing data if you delete the controller from your phones, and redownload and install ‘fresh’ copies, as long as you don’t factory reset your speakers, and select ‘connect to existing system’ when you start the new controller up the first time. 

You may want to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, too.

Hi Bruce

Thank you for replying. Both phones are on Android 12, with latest updates installed. And it is S2 controller we are using. The app started crashing I think on Thursday last week or so. I uninstalled and installed and it was working fine until I logged in to my Sonos account. Hitting login button caused the app to shut down. After several retries it stays open and it shows I am still logged in to my account but it may crash again and require several restarts.

I submitted diagnostics and received reference number 638315587.

Glad you were able to submit that diagnostic. What did Sonos support say about it when you called them?

apple OS crashes 

That’s frustrating. We’d need a ton more information in order to provide any potential assistance. Or you could contact Sonos support.