Sonos App Changed Key Feature An It Needs To Be Fixed

• 25 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

A key selling point for my Sonos ecosystem purchase was changed with the S2 update and it still bugs the * out of me. The 1st time I experienced Sonos was at a friend's during a big BBQ. He usually asks me to play music and wanted to show me his new system. So I downloaded the app, logged into his Sonos and saw the currently playing playlist and he showed me how to add to it. With the S1 app, when adding songs I was able to see MY Spotify library (favorites/playlists, etc.) which was amazing cuzz I didn't have to search for songs that I wanted to add to the queue. 

Once the S2 app was released, in the same scenario when I'm at his house, on his network, when trying to add songs to the Sonos queue, I can only see HIs Spotify library (which is nowhere near as extensive as mine) and make it a PIA to contribute to the queue. This happens at all friends houses with Sonos system since the S2 app release. 

PLEASE REVERT THAT CHANGE!!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

1 reply

I’m afraid you aren’t remembering correctly.  In order to access your Spotify account from the Sonos app, you would’ve needed to access their settings to add your account to the Sonos app, something which would require the owner’s Sonos password.  Perhaps you were playing your Spotify account from your Spotify app?  Because this is possible if you are on their WIFI, and it is a function which works to this day.